Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Good specs,bad performance

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 11, 2013 1:08:44 AM

Hi there.I recently upgrade my computer,and now is having the same performance as before .And I know it should do a lot more better.My specs are:
Windows 7 x64
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970 A-DS3 rev 3.0
CPU:AMD Fx 8350 8 Core 4.0 Ghz
Ram:16 gb 1600 mhz
GPU:XFX Radeon hd 7950 3 gb 384 bit Gddr 5
Hard disk:1 tb hitachi
PS: xigmatek nrp 600 w rated 80+ bronze
I tried all the ne updates,all the clean installs and nothing seems to work.I have played Assassins creed 3 and its running at 20 fps at 1440x900.The same with the Need for Speed Most Wanted.The same with Crysis.
My cpu load is on 40% when I am playing.The Gpu load never passed 60%.Memory never passed 60%.I had a AMD Phenom II 965 3.6 ghz+Ati radeon 6850.And I played Need for Speed without problem.Do you know what can cause this problem?Thanks
April 11, 2013 1:33:33 AM

King89 said:
Hi there.I recently upgrade my computer,and now is having the same performance as before .And I know it should do a lot more better.My specs are:
Windows 7 x64
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970 A-DS3 rev 3.0
CPU:AMD Fx 8350 8 Core 4.0 Ghz
Ram:16 gb 1600 mhz
GPU:XFX Radeon hd 7950 3 gb 384 bit Gddr 5
Hard disk:1 tb hitachi
PS: xigmatek nrp 600 w rated 80+ bronze
I tried all the ne updates,all the clean installs and nothing seems to work.I have played Assassins creed 3 and its running at 20 fps at 1440x900.The same with the Need for Speed Most Wanted.The same with Crysis.
My cpu load is on 40% when I am playing.The Gpu load never passed 60%.Memory never passed 60%.I had a AMD Phenom II 965 3.6 ghz+Ati radeon 6850.And I played Need for Speed without problem.Do you know what can cause this problem?Thanks


Did you install the AMD graphics drivers?
April 11, 2013 1:39:55 AM

I did install all the latest drivers.Graphics,chipsets everything.I even updated my bios,but nothing seems to improve my performance
Related resources
April 11, 2013 1:46:28 AM

check your temps, if that is ok, try changing your psu (you can borrow or something)
April 11, 2013 1:53:46 AM

The highest temp that I get on my cpu is 50.On the gpu is 60-65.I have put a PSU 400w to feed the motherboard and CPU,and the one that I have I feed the video card.No difference.
April 11, 2013 2:05:12 AM

Are you actually experiencing stuttering. Perhaps the software that measures FPS is not properly reading the GPU?? This really doesn't make sense. None of your components are being stressed. Perhaps you need to contact XFX or Gigabyte and see if they have had other customers with similar anomalies.
April 11, 2013 2:10:41 AM

i do not know what might be the problem.But is really upsetting me.I have spent some money to upgrade but i get bad performance as before.I have remove the Gpu from x16 slot and i moved in to the x4 slot.And is no difference.Do you know if a computer repair shop will be ale to help me?If i take it there,they will know what to do?Because i have no friends near me,as i recently moved,so i cant ask for help.Thanks
April 11, 2013 2:44:30 AM

replace that gpu dude.why you need to repair when it is under warranty.

but why you got hd 7950 for low resolution?
April 11, 2013 3:05:19 AM

And how i can tell that the GPU is not good?I was planning to buy a new monitor but since the new specs are not working as it should,i postponed.thanks
April 11, 2013 3:23:00 AM

play more games,check gpu temps,even if you not get performance then replace that gpu from where you brought.

then they will check that gpu
April 11, 2013 3:28:32 AM

ok.I will try that.Thanks for you help
April 11, 2013 9:01:32 AM

So I have tried all the possible games.They run really bad.I have done a test with furmark.It run for an hour and something.The average FPS is 55.The highest temp was 77.I've run the test with 1440x900 res and anti-aliasing off.The guy from novatech said that it will be around 2 weeks before I have my graphic card back.
April 12, 2013 12:59:57 AM

So I think I managed to solve my problem with bad Fps in games.After I spoke with the guy from novatech and he told me that I have to wait 2weeks,i wanted to give another try.Format the disk,fresh windows,fresh drivers.None of this didn't help.I went to bios and the cpu was set to work at 2 ghz.But on the main windows it was showing 4.0.Now on everything full,absolute everything in Crysis 3 I get 30 fps.On 1440x900.Do you think is that a good score?Thanks
April 12, 2013 2:43:26 AM

what about other games?
April 12, 2013 3:29:50 AM

do you still have the old cpu and GPU? try swap one out then the other see if that helps. Also did you do a clean windows install when you upgraded? you should do that.
April 12, 2013 6:00:29 AM

I have only tried Far Cry 3 and i have 30 Fps.Max setting except v-sync was 1 frame and the other was set on 3.And Batman Arkham City i have the average of 40 FPS.And yes,i did a clean install about 3 times.I dont have the old parts anymore.
April 12, 2013 10:11:36 AM

That is not good fps,even i get more with my hd 7750.

replace the gpu dude
April 15, 2013 3:16:38 PM

Hi again.I received my new tv,and i am using it as monitor.Is a sony bravia 22 ",and i played some Crysis 3 with the following settings.I tried twice with different settings.The both was on first mission,with the rain effects.I played like 15 min each
1. 1920x1080
Nothing was overclocked.
- Anti-aliasing=FXAA
-Texture resolution=High
-V-sync=Off
-System specs=High
-Advance settings=High
-Motion blur=Medium
-Antisotropic filtering=x16
-Lens flare=Yes
The average FPS was 55.98

2. 1920x1080
Nothing was overclocked.Just the slider from graphic card was at +20%
-Anti-aliasing=SMAA HIGH 4x
-Texture resolution=High
-V-sync=Off
-System specs=Very high
-Advance settings=Very high
-Motion blur=Medium
-Antisotropic filtering=x16
-Lens flares=Yes
The average FPS was 32.23
Is this score good?
I will try Most Wanted as well.What games should i try?Thanks
April 15, 2013 4:25:33 PM

Those are solid numbers. Crysis 3 is a gorgeous looking game even on medium / low settings, so don't hesitate to drop down the settings to make the game more playable.
April 15, 2013 4:30:51 PM

ibycfota said:
Those are solid numbers. Crysis 3 is a gorgeous looking game even on medium / low settings, so don't hesitate to drop down the settings to make the game more playable.


So you are saying that the game is runing as it should on my specs?I am now trying NFS but its runing very bad.I have constant 60 FPS outside the city,but in the city is 20 and is like "stop,go,stop,go.Hope you understand what i am trying to say.NFS is everything on max.

April 15, 2013 4:53:53 PM

King89 said:
ibycfota said:
Those are solid numbers. Crysis 3 is a gorgeous looking game even on medium / low settings, so don't hesitate to drop down the settings to make the game more playable.


So you are saying that the game is runing as it should on my specs?I am now trying NFS but its runing very bad.I have constant 60 FPS outside the city,but in the city is 20 and is like "stop,go,stop,go.Hope you understand what i am trying to say.NFS is everything on max.



Hard to say for sure but they looked fairly solid, especially the first settings you were using. 55+ FPS on Crysis 3 with mostly high settings is very solid for a 7950. What matters most however is smoothness. Did you experience anything in the way of slowdown or stutter? If not, you should be pretty happy with your performance.

I can't speak for NFS as I've never played it and don't know what kind of results you should expect. How are other games running?
April 15, 2013 4:59:19 PM

ibycfota said:
King89 said:
ibycfota said:
Those are solid numbers. Crysis 3 is a gorgeous looking game even on medium / low settings, so don't hesitate to drop down the settings to make the game more playable.


So you are saying that the game is runing as it should on my specs?I am now trying NFS but its runing very bad.I have constant 60 FPS outside the city,but in the city is 20 and is like "stop,go,stop,go.Hope you understand what i am trying to say.NFS is everything on max.



Hard to say for sure but they looked fairly solid, especially the first settings you were using. 55+ FPS on Crysis 3 with mostly high settings is very solid for a 7950. What matters most however is smoothness. Did you experience anything in the way of slowdown or stutter? If not, you should be pretty happy with your performance.

I can't speak for NFS as I've never played it and don't know what kind of results you should expect. How are other games running?


Crysis run really smooth.Sometime with 75.And were was smoke or something like that the Fps drop down.I didnt really had a chance to try any other games.Do you know what should i try?i have lots of games but there are pretty old.I have BF3,Cod black ops 2,Far cry which is runing really bad.Assassins creed 3 is runing about 40 Fps.Max payne 3.I am not sure which i should try.Thanks
April 17, 2013 3:40:25 PM

So i had tried some more games.
1.Tomb Raider(the new one)
-1920x1080
-V-Sync=Triple buffer
-Texture quality=Ultra
-Texture filter=Anisotropic 16x
-Anti-aliasing=4x ssaa
-Shadows=Normal
-Shadows resolution=High
-Level of detail=Ultra
-Hair quality=Tress FX
-Reflection=High
-Depth of field=Ultra
-SSAO=Ultra
-Post processing=on
-High precision=on
-Tessellation=on
Average FPS 51.85
2.Max Payne 3:
-Directx version=Dx 11
-Resolution=1920x1080
-V-sync=On
-Texture quality=V.high
-Shader quality=High
-Shadow quality=V.high
-Reflection quality=V.high
-Water quality=V.high
-FXAA=V.high
-MSAA=8x
-Antisotropic filtering=16 x
-Ambient occlusion=HDAO
-Tesselation=V.high
Average FPS 54.55
3.Call of Duty Black Ops II
-1920x1080
-Field of view=65
-Shadows=High
-Texture quality=Extra
-Texture filtering=High
-Anti-aliasing=8x MSAA
-FXAA=Yes
-Ambient occlusion=On
-Depth of field=High
-Nr of corpses=Large
-Sync every frame=yes
Average FPS 59.62
4.Battlefield 3(Single player)
-1920x1080
-V-sync=on
-Motion blur=50%
-Graphic quality=Ultra
-Texture quality=Ultra
-Shadow quality=Ultra
-Effects quality=Ultra
-Mesh quality=Ultra
-Terrain decoration=Ultra
-Antialiasing defferred=4xMSAA
-Antialiasing post=High
-Motion blur=On
-Antisotropic filter=16 x
-Ambient occlusion=HBAO
Average FPS 51.97
Is this the right performance for my specs?Thanks
!