650 Ti Superclocked vs 650 Ti Boost

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Hi you guys! I kinda need help on this. I was on my way to Best Buy to get a EVGA 2GB GTX 650 Ti BOOST which costs $169.99. but they said I had to order it online. The only one available was the EVGA GTX 650 Ti Superclocked 2GB which cost $179.99. I was wondering if the superclocked 650 Ti is faster than the BOOST since it costs $10 more.

And, another question. I live in the Philippines so I was wondering if the voltage difference would affect the GPU? The Philippines has 220V compared to the 110V here.

Thanks guys.

Solution
Odd how the GPUs are priced...but the 650 Ti BOOST is clocked 1MHz higher than the 650 Ti. As another thing to consider, the BOOST supports SLI and is roughly only 10% 'weaker' than the GTX 660. I would go with the BOOST, absolutely! :D

As for the voltage differences...I would imagine that the PSU you have worries about converting the power to something usable by the computer. One of my phone chargers, for instance, converts the scary amounts of electricity running through the walls of my house into 100-240V electricity (gotta love alternating current) at 0.2 amps. If you want to read more on all of this some simple wikipedia articles on "alternating current" and "transformers" (not the toys/movie franchise ;) ). Maybe...

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
Pretty sure the boost allows you to combine it with another 650 boost card (SLI) where other 650 cards don't have that option.

As far as the 220 vs 110 thing, there should be a switch on your computers PSU for that. Once you have your PSU set up for the proper voltage from the wall, the output from your PSU (what the internal components actually see) will be the same as it is here.

SlitWeaver

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Odd how the GPUs are priced...but the 650 Ti BOOST is clocked 1MHz higher than the 650 Ti. As another thing to consider, the BOOST supports SLI and is roughly only 10% 'weaker' than the GTX 660. I would go with the BOOST, absolutely! :D

As for the voltage differences...I would imagine that the PSU you have worries about converting the power to something usable by the computer. One of my phone chargers, for instance, converts the scary amounts of electricity running through the walls of my house into 100-240V electricity (gotta love alternating current) at 0.2 amps. If you want to read more on all of this some simple wikipedia articles on "alternating current" and "transformers" (not the toys/movie franchise ;) ). Maybe somebody more knowledgeable on that stuff can jump in here and answer that better (but I think you should be fine). :)

Solution

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
thank you for both your replies. but as i read the specs the 650Ti superclocked had a higher core clock while the 650Ti BOOST had the higher memory clock. well, as far as i know the coreclock is more impt in increasing FPS than the memory clock but i dunno. what do you guys think of it?