hello nice people of the forum, I would like to ask your recommendations for gaming laptops that are below at least 45000 php ( I believe that in USD that is around 1100-1200 ). The laptops that I have searched in the net are:
Lenovo ideapad y580
acer aspire v3
dell inspiron 15r se
Can you give me more suggestions for a good gaming laptop for the price that can run modern games like modern warfare 3 and battlefield 3 in decent settings
sorry for my bad English by the way the laptop FAQ is below
1. What is your budget?
about 1100-1200 in USD
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Smaller is better, but it can't hurt for it to be big
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
somewhat in between because I am also going to use it as my laptop for college
5. How much battery life do you need?
Longer battery life the better
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Modern warfare 3 medium to high setting
skyrim medium to high setting
metro 2033 medium to high setting
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
graphical drawing and editing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
1tb at most
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 to 5 years based on my course
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dvd rom only if possible a dvd writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
N/A (first time buying a laptop(stuck with a desktop until now))
13. What country do you live in?
Phillipines (please don't discriminate)
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
i need a laptop that can be used for a long time with portability and durability
i could buy the asus or alienware but there is a whole lot of tax that is added to the product in my country( for example the 1000$ price tag on the asus g46 can go up to 1500 because of it). Do you recommend that i buy a laptop at australia? i have a brother that is working there so is it cheaper to buy from there than in my country?
again sorry for my bad english
BTW i was looking for a laptop that can at least beat the performance of my desktop by a reasonable margin (9500 gt gpu with a pentium e5300 dual core at 2.66 GHz)and is it advisable if you overclock your laptop gpu and cpu?
I don't see the harm in purchasing it in Australia really, except for the long transit time when it's shipped to you. It would be covered under Asus or Dell warranty, so if they have service centers in your country, then you won't need to ship it back to Australia for anything if something goes wrong.
I never advise overclocking, but of course you can do it and not harm the system. Just keep it within a safe margin if you decide to do it, say: within 10%. As long as you don't get a system with another Pentium (which the models you listed all offer i-series CPUs) and you at least one up the 9500 GT, you'll be fine.