3 7870 xt vs 2 7970 ghz

You are highly advised to read up on the latest FCAT reviews covering Crossfire setups.
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-Dissected-Full-Details-Capture-based-Graphics-Performance-Test-3

Quote:
Where AMD has definite issues is with HD 7970s in CrossFire, and our Frame Rating testing is bringing that to light in a startling fashion. In half of our tested games, the pair of Radeon HD 7970s in CrossFire showed no appreciable measured or observed increase in performance compared to a single HD 7970. I cannot overstate that point more precisely: our results showed that in Battlefield 3, Crysis 3 and Sleeping Dogs, adding in another $400+ Radeon HD 7970 did nothing to improve your gaming experience, and in some cases made it worse by introducing frame time variances that lead to stutter."

Airm3n-1292454

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

Makes me feel better since i hate crossfire and sli and the fact that i bought a titan instead :).

john3569

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2013
thanks for the input :) what might be an appropriate video card or video card combination to get the most out of my monitor and max out or come close to maxing out most games. example crysis 3.