Solved

Between these 4 AMD 7850 video cards which one do you think is better? And overclocking utility?

5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd 7850 video cards overclocking utility
  1. I would recommend the 7870 Tahiti LE if you are willing to spend an additional $40 or so to get 7950-like performance. If not then I would get any except the HIS one. With overclocking you want more cooling. Plus, with a single fan it can get quite loud *cough* my 6870 cough* *.
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/411478/2GBD5-2DHPPV3E_AMD_Radeon_HD_7870_2048MB_GDDR5_PCIe_30_x16_MYST_Edition_Video_Card
  2. completelyrandomname said:
    I would recommend the 7870 Tahiti LE if you are willing to spend an additional $40 or so to get 7950-like performance. If not then I would get any except the HIS one. With overclocking you want more cooling. Plus, with a single fan it can get quite loud *cough* my 6870 cough* *.
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/411478/2GBD5-2DHPPV3E_AMD_Radeon_HD_7870_2048MB_GDDR5_PCIe_30_x16_MYST_Edition_Video_Card


    I actually bought that card but I got it DOA from newegg and had to return it........ I don't feel like I want to try that again.
  3. Best answer
    RyanTH98 said:
    completelyrandomname said:
    I would recommend the 7870 Tahiti LE if you are willing to spend an additional $40 or so to get 7950-like performance. If not then I would get any except the HIS one. With overclocking you want more cooling. Plus, with a single fan it can get quite loud *cough* my 6870 cough* *.
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/411478/2GBD5-2DHPPV3E_AMD_Radeon_HD_7870_2048MB_GDDR5_PCIe_30_x16_MYST_Edition_Video_Card


    I actually bought that card but I got it DOA from newegg and had to return it........ I don't feel like I want to try that again.


    Aww that sucks, sorry for you. Then I would get any of the other 3 cards just not HIS because it has a single fan. I would just get the cheapest card out of the 3 since the quality is so good and the cooling performance is so close, in this case it's the Sapphire card and it happens that they are considered the best AMD board partner :O
  4. completelyrandomname said:
    RyanTH98 said:
    completelyrandomname said:
    I would recommend the 7870 Tahiti LE if you are willing to spend an additional $40 or so to get 7950-like performance. If not then I would get any except the HIS one. With overclocking you want more cooling. Plus, with a single fan it can get quite loud *cough* my 6870 cough* *.
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/411478/2GBD5-2DHPPV3E_AMD_Radeon_HD_7870_2048MB_GDDR5_PCIe_30_x16_MYST_Edition_Video_Card


    I actually bought that card but I got it DOA from newegg and had to return it........ I don't feel like I want to try that again.


    Aww that sucks, sorry for you. Then I would get any of the other 3 cards just not HIS because it has a single fan. I would just get the cheapest card out of the 3 since the quality is so good and the cooling performance is so close, in this case it's the Sapphire card and it happens that they are considered the best AMD board partner :O



    Thanks for your help!
  5. No problem.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Graphics Cards Catalyst AMD Components