7950 HIS IceQ X2 Boost Clock Edition vs 7970 STOCK

Hi, am looking at some graphic cards for new gaming rig. I hear nothing but good things about the 7950 but I'm not sure I want to overclock it.

Does overclocking wear down the graphics card? Is it easy to overclock?

Would the 7950 HIS IceQ X2 Boost Clock Edition be better or should I just buy a 7970 without the IceQ? The difference in price is about 95 dollars
3 answers Last reply
More about 7950 iceq boost clock edition 7970 stock
  1. What is the IceQ anyway? WIll overclocking the 7970 burn it out faster? I'd like for this PC to last at least a 2-3 years. Thanks
  2. batosaims86 said:
    Hi, am looking at some graphic cards for new gaming rig. I hear nothing but good things about the 7950 but I'm not sure I want to overclock it.

Does overclocking wear down the graphics card? Is it easy to overclock?

Would the 7950 HIS IceQ X2 Boost Clock Edition be better or should I just buy a 7970 without the IceQ? The difference in price is about 95 dollars

If the difference in price is about 95 dollars just buy a 7970 without the IceQ and then overclock it 1125MHz+ easily with MSI Afterburner so it will run much more faster than the 7950 HIS IceQ X2 Boost Clock Edition .

Thanks

batosaims86 said:
    What is the IceQ anyway? WIll overclocking the 7970 burn it out faster? I'd like for this PC to last at least a 2-3 years. Thanks

7950 HIS IceQ X2 Boost Clock Edition just a pre-overclocked card with a cooler which has been factory optimized.
    Heres a review: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/his_radeon_7950_x_iceq_review,1.html

If you you run the card below 80c on load and not too much overclocking then it should last long.
  3. So does the IceQ come overclocked or do you need to do the overclocking yourself still?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics