$2000 Custom build or Cyberpower or Lenovo

FrickeD

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Hi, thanks to anyone who is reading this.

I currently have a four year old HP prebuilt computer and its starting to not be able to play any games even on the lowest graphic settings. (It was a gift) I'm currently looking for a decent gaming/college work computer that will last a couple years. I am leaning towards buying Cyberpower because it's easier than building it and I don't really know what to do with matching parts and trying to make everything work well together. Lenovo was another option because I have 15% off till Wednesday and I bought my laptop from them and had no problems. HP is another option since this computer worked fine for so long but I didn't really see anything special while browsing. I am up for building my own but I would basically need all the parts laid out for me and any tips since the most computer work I've done is installing a graphics card, ram and routine cleaning. Sorry for the long post and thanks.

Current Computer Specs. HP-Pavilion p6230y
AMD PHENOM II x4 810 Processor (4 CPU) ~ 2.6 GHz
8192MB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4200 (3036MB)

Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime in the next month

Budget Range: From 1700-2000 Complete max is 2200 (if that extra 200 is needed for something important)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, College Work

Parts Not Required: Probably going to reuse my HP 2009m (1600x 900) unless told to do otherwise.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg or Amazon would prefer to get a prebuilt but if I get a lot of help I'll build it myself.

Parts Preferences: Intel processor, ATI graphics. (only because I've had them with no problems before.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: I don't really understand what this is so maybe.

Monitor Resolution: Current is 1600 by 900 could also use a Sony 32 inch TV

Additional Comments: I can get an OS through my college for free but would I be able to install it without disks on a custom build? (probably a stupid question)

The Cyberpower pc I was thinking about is the Gamer Infinity 8800 pro

Specs:
Configuration #: 1F19W3

Configuration URL: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1F19W3

Product Name: Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro (NO MONITOR)

Price: $2,118.00

*BASE_PRICE:[+1309]

BLUETOOTH:None

CAS:Cooler Master HAF XB Gaming Case w/ Removable Motherboard Tray, Front USB 3.0 x2, HDD Hot Swap & X-Dock

CASUPGRADE:None

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CD2:None

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN:Default case fans

ENGRAVING:None

ENGRAVING_MSG:

FA_HDD:Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)

FAN:Cooler Master Seidon 120M Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+16])

FLASHMEDIA:None

FREEBIE_CU:FREE 500GB External Hard Drive with Intel® Core™ i7 or Intel® Core™ i5 based PCs [+0]

FREEBIE_MB:None

FREEBIE_VC:None

FREEBIE_VC2:None

GLASSES:None

HDD:2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

HDD2:None

HEADSET1:piXXO Multimedia Headset with Microphone [+8]

IEEE_CARD:None

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard

MB_SRT:None

MEMORY:16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory [+118] (Corsair or Major Brand)

MONITOR:None

MONITOR2:None

MONITOR3:None

MOPAD1:Tt eSports Dasher Gaming Pad [+15]

MOTHERBOARD:* [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-Z77-HD3 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Ultra Durable 4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Extreme OC Certified)

MOUSE:AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge

NETWORK:Intel Pro Gigabit 10/100/1000 Network Card [+34]

NOISEREDUCE1:power Supply Gasket [+5]

NOISEREDUCE2:Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]

OS:Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+0] (64-bit Edition)

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:1,000 Watts - Thermaltake TP-1000M ToughPower Modular, 80 Plus Silver Certified, Quad SLI Ready, CrossfireX Ready & Active PFC Power Supply [+187]

RUSH:NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS:120 Watt Stereo Speakers [+10] (Black Color)

TABLET:None

TEMP:Aerocool Touch 1000 5.25" Touch Screen Fan Control [+25]

TUNING:None

TVRC:None

USB:None

USBFLASH:None

USBHD:None

VIDEO:AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+210] (HIS IceQ X2 GHz Edition [+85])

VIDEO2:None

VIDEO3:None

WNC:Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Dual-Band Adapter [+66]

_PRICE:(+2118)

Solution

Always build it yourself!!! It's not difficult, and you will know how to work on it if you have a problem.

Here's a quick build from pcpartpicker. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/markwp/saved/1t1v This will leave you with...

FrickeD

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

I'm a noob
Also if i got it was planning on getting another AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (HIS IceQ X2 GHz Edition) in like a year when I could afford another and the site said the power requirement would be ~ 860 so 1000w was the next step up from the 800 that had decent reviews. I don't have any USB 3.0 devices so I didn't think it mattered. I was told SSD only help with loading times and not really with gaming performance. Should I get one?

Always build it yourself!!! It's not difficult, and you will know how to work on it if you have a problem.

Here's a quick build from pcpartpicker. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/markwp/saved/1t1v This will leave you with 300-500 bucks room for keyboard, mouse, case fans, speakers and monitor. I know you said you don't want to overclock, but I picked the k model of the intel and a great tower cooler just in case you change your mind. No such thing as too much speed or too much cooling.

I know you like Radeon, but you might also want to consider a pair of GTX 650 Ti boosts in SLI -- Damn near the performance of a Titan for a total of less than $400 (less than one of your preferred Radeons. Run your OS and "needed" programs on the SSD, run your games, store your data, etc on the HDDs.

Mark

Solution

Gammyduck

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
I agree, you should fit a SSD in that build such as the OCZ Vector 256GB :)
sigtoco.jpg