Solved

$2000 Custom build or Cyberpower or Lenovo

Hi, thanks to anyone who is reading this.

I currently have a four year old HP prebuilt computer and its starting to not be able to play any games even on the lowest graphic settings. (It was a gift) I'm currently looking for a decent gaming/college work computer that will last a couple years. I am leaning towards buying Cyberpower because it's easier than building it and I don't really know what to do with matching parts and trying to make everything work well together. Lenovo was another option because I have 15% off till Wednesday and I bought my laptop from them and had no problems. HP is another option since this computer worked fine for so long but I didn't really see anything special while browsing. I am up for building my own but I would basically need all the parts laid out for me and any tips since the most computer work I've done is installing a graphics card, ram and routine cleaning. Sorry for the long post and thanks.

Current Computer Specs. HP-Pavilion p6230y
AMD PHENOM II x4 810 Processor (4 CPU) ~ 2.6 GHz
8192MB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4200 (3036MB)

Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime in the next month

Budget Range: From 1700-2000 Complete max is 2200 (if that extra 200 is needed for something important)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, College Work

Parts Not Required: Probably going to reuse my HP 2009m (1600x 900) unless told to do otherwise.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg or Amazon would prefer to get a prebuilt but if I get a lot of help I'll build it myself.

Parts Preferences: Intel processor, ATI graphics. (only because I've had them with no problems before.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: I don't really understand what this is so maybe.

Monitor Resolution: Current is 1600 by 900 could also use a Sony 32 inch TV

Additional Comments: I can get an OS through my college for free but would I be able to install it without disks on a custom build? (probably a stupid question)

The Cyberpower pc I was thinking about is the Gamer Infinity 8800 pro

Specs:
Configuration #: 1F19W3

Configuration URL: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1F19W3

Product Name: Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro (NO MONITOR)

Price: $2,118.00

*BASE_PRICE:[+1309]

BLUETOOTH:None

CAS:Cooler Master HAF XB Gaming Case w/ Removable Motherboard Tray, Front USB 3.0 x2, HDD Hot Swap & X-Dock

CASUPGRADE:None

CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CD2:None

COOLANT:Standard Coolant

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN:Default case fans

ENGRAVING:None

ENGRAVING_MSG:

FA_HDD:Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)

FAN:Cooler Master Seidon 120M Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+16])

FLASHMEDIA:None

FREEBIE_CU:FREE 500GB External Hard Drive with Intel® Core™ i7 or Intel® Core™ i5 based PCs [+0]

FREEBIE_MB:None

FREEBIE_VC:None

FREEBIE_VC2:None

GLASSES:None

HDD:2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

HDD2:None

HEADSET1:PiXXO Multimedia Headset with Microphone [+8]

IEEE_CARD:None

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard

MB_SRT:None

MEMORY:16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory [+118] (Corsair or Major Brand)

MONITOR:None

MONITOR2:None

MONITOR3:None

MOPAD1:Tt eSports Dasher Gaming Pad [+15]

MOTHERBOARD:* [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-Z77-HD3 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Ultra Durable 4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Extreme OC Certified)

MOUSE:AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge

NETWORK:Intel Pro Gigabit 10/100/1000 Network Card [+34]

NOISEREDUCE1:Power Supply Gasket [+5]

NOISEREDUCE2:Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]

OS:Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+0] (64-bit Edition)

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:1,000 Watts - Thermaltake TP-1000M ToughPower Modular, 80 Plus Silver Certified, Quad SLI Ready, CrossfireX Ready & Active PFC Power Supply [+187]

RUSH:NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS:120 Watt Stereo Speakers [+10] (Black Color)

TABLET:None

TEMP:Aerocool Touch 1000 5.25" Touch Screen Fan Control [+25]

TUNING:None

TVRC:None

USB:None

USBFLASH:None

USBHD:None

VIDEO:AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+210] (HIS IceQ X2 GHz Edition [+85])

VIDEO2:None

VIDEO3:None

WNC:Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Dual-Band Adapter [+66]

_PRICE:(+2118)
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 2000 custom build cyberpower lenovo
  1. Id say Sager since its so reliable. I have a Sager from 2002 which was over 2 grand back then and it still works with no replacement parts. It even dominates GTA SA on ultra
  2. $2100:
    no SSD?
    USB 2.0
    1000W PSU? Why?
  3. USAFRet said:
    $2100:
    no SSD?
    USB 2.0
    1000W PSU? Why?

I'm a noob
    Also if i got it was planning on getting another AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (HIS IceQ X2 GHz Edition) in like a year when I could afford another and the site said the power requirement would be ~ 860 so 1000w was the next step up from the 800 that had decent reviews. I don't have any USB 3.0 devices so I didn't think it mattered. I was told SSD only help with loading times and not really with gaming performance. Should I get one?
  4. Best answer
    FrickeD said:
    USAFRet said:
    $2100:
    no SSD?
    USB 2.0
    1000W PSU? Why?

I'm a noob
    Also if i got it was planning on getting another AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (HIS IceQ X2 GHz Edition) in like a year when I could afford another and the site said the power requirement would be ~ 860 so 1000w was the next step up from the 800 that had decent reviews. I don't have any USB 3.0 devices so I didn't think it mattered. I was told SSD only help with loading times and not really with gaming performance. Should I get one?

Always build it yourself!!! It's not difficult, and you will know how to work on it if you have a problem.

Here's a quick build from pcpartpicker. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/markwp/saved/1t1v This will leave you with 300-500 bucks room for keyboard, mouse, case fans, speakers and monitor. I know you said you don't want to overclock, but I picked the k model of the intel and a great tower cooler just in case you change your mind. No such thing as too much speed or too much cooling.

I know you like Radeon, but you might also want to consider a pair of GTX 650 Ti boosts in SLI -- Damn near the performance of a Titan for a total of less than $400 (less than one of your preferred Radeons. Run your OS and "needed" programs on the SSD, run your games, store your data, etc on the HDDs.

Mark
  5. I agree, you should fit a SSD in that build such as the OCZ Vector 256GB :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Lenovo Cyberpower Build Prebuilt Systems Systems