Solved

LCD Monitor fuzziness problem.

Hey everyone, I recently built a new gaming computer, I have a Dell E2011H LCD (VGA) monitor, and AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 graphics card.
The drivers are all up-to-date on both the graphics card and monitor, yet...when the colors are gray or any dark color like that, you can see the whole entire monitor is like "fuzzy". It's very annoying and unenjoyable to the eyes, especially when it covers the whole space.

I see it mostly when I play GTA IV, I have the ICEnhancer mod on it, and the fuzziness is just all over when I play it.


The monitor is brand new, so I don't know what could be causing this. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated greatly.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about lcd monitor fuzziness problem
  1. have you tried to use the dvi connection? I have sen a few monitors that will have a fuzzy/grainy look with vga but look fine with DVI.
  2. Are you running it through vga? That can cause fuzziness, especially if its a long vga wire. If you can use DVI, its digital and not analog. See if the fuzziness persists. This is the first thing that came to my mind.
  3. bignastyid said:
    have you tried to use the dvi connection? I have sen a few monitors that will have a fuzzy/grainy look with vga but look fine with DVI.


    Well right now, I am using the DVI to VGA adapter, my graphics card only has a DVI port, so I have an adapter so I can use VGA.

    I don't have the cord or anything like that to use the DVI port on the back of the monitor.
  4. Turn OFF MLAA in the Catalyst Control Center.
  5. Best answer
    Odd all the sapphire 7770's on thier website all have atleast 1 DVI connection. If disabling MLAA doesnt work get a HDMI to dvi adapter to keep the signal digital.
  6. bignastyid said:
    Odd all the sapphire 7770's on thier website all have atleast 1 DVI connection. If disabling MLAA doesnt work get a HDMI to dvi adapter to keep the signal digital.


    That was my error haha, I amateurishly thought the HDMI was the DVI ports, yes my monitor has one DVI port and my graphics card does too, but I do not have the cable, so I guess if it's that the only solution, I'll go out and buy one haha.
  7. The monitor didnt come with one? According to the dell product site it should have shipped with a DVI cable?
  8. bignastyid said:
    The monitor didnt come with one? According to the dell product site it should have shipped with a DVI cable?


    Oh wow, look at that, buried in the old monitor box it came in, a DVI cable.

    I was just about to throw it away the next couple of days too!

    Thanks hah!

    EDIT---

    So, I connected the DVI cable, and I opened GTA IV, the fuzziness is still there...Not sure what to do now!
  9. So have you tried the MLAA setting? It specifically blurs textures and text.
  10. 17seconds said:
    So have you tried the MLAA setting? It specifically blurs textures and text.



    How do I turn on MLAA?
  11. Durtymax said:
    17seconds said:
    So have you tried the MLAA setting? It specifically blurs textures and text.



    How do I turn on MLAA?

    You want to turn it OFF in the Catalyst Control Center.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Computers LCD Monitor Dell Graphics