XONAR DGX PCI-E 5.1 Audio card Microphone not boosted

Hello fellow people, i just recently bought a sound card for my desktop, well, a sound card for a desktop that didn't have pci-e x1 slot, and, my home desktop did, anyways, i put it in, and it sounds great! but, i cant get my microphone boosted, i literally have to yell into it for the system to play back quitely.... so, any ideas?
7 answers Last reply
More about xonar dgx pci audio card microphone boosted
  1. Check in the audio center under mixer, under microphone there shoud be a toolbar for advanced settings, click on that and place a check mark on microphone boost. Hope this helps.
  2. 6.3.2 Recording/Monitoring in the manual tells you how to boost it.
  3. knightdog56 said:
    Check in the audio center under mixer, under microphone there shoud be a toolbar for advanced settings, click on that and place a check mark on microphone boost. Hope this helps.


    Yes, already have, it is set to microphone boost, BTW, i am using a actual microphone, not a headset
  4. A condenser microphone that needs phantom power?
  5. noidea_77 said:
    A condenser microphone that needs phantom power?


    Not exactly, more like the mics people use at a concert,
  6. Xyloriuphon said:
    noidea_77 said:
    A condenser microphone that needs phantom power?


    Not exactly, more like the mics people use at a concert,


    Well, most of the wired stage mics need 48V phantom power. Do you have the exact make/model?
  7. noidea_77 said:
    Xyloriuphon said:
    noidea_77 said:
    A condenser microphone that needs phantom power?


    Not exactly, more like the mics people use at a concert,


    Well, most of the wired stage mics need 48V phantom power. Do you have the exact make/model?


    I dont think so, i will look when i get home, but, i do not exactly have the box anymore...:pfff:

    EDIT: the microphone kinda looks like this:
    The cord is just for the microphone jack, just the 3.5mm plug...
    EDIT2, Well, i have the microphone plugged in to the buit in sound card, but, having sound come out of the Asus card, Will this have a performance drop? And, is there anyway to get it to be boosted? Since, i've heard there is better quality...

Ask a new question

Read More

PCI Express Microphone Audio Desktops Sound Cards Components