Solved

Need Your Help With a £750-£800 Computer

Hey I'm looking for a PC build for £750 that would be used for gaming and editing use like Photoshop and video editors such as premiere pro or camtasisa I was wondering what you guys would come up with.
Approximate Purchase Date: When I have the money ( Currently have £450)
Some time after this summer most likely.

Budget Range: £750-£800 ($1150.65-$1227.36 I think)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Graphic design (Photoshop)/video editing, Gaming, Youtube.
Are you buying a monitor: Yes 1920x1080 if possible.

Parts to Upgrade: Whole new PC.
Do you need to buy OS: Yes.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Whatever you like but http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/ is good.

Parts Preferences: Intel,nvidea.

Overclocking: Maybe.

SLI or Crossfire: No.

Additional Comments: Good ram speed for editing, I don't want any lights for flashy cases just a good Chassis I quite like the 300r's.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I currently have a laptop I got for free w/ pentium dual @ 2.6, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 160GG HDD and intel graphics. This takes ages to render videos and I get around 10 fps when running a hl12 game i.e Counterstrike ect which are hardly taxing. I also just really want a nice fast computer that is semi future proof.
Thanks a lot,
Alex
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 750 800 computer
  1. No SSD in your setup? Are you waiting for the prices to go down or something?
  2. Best answer
  3. Alex97 said:
    Hey I'm looking for a PC build for £750 that would be used for gaming and editing use like Photoshop and video editors such as premiere pro or camtasisa I was wondering what you guys would come up with.
    Approximate Purchase Date: When I have the money ( Currently have £450)
    Some time after this summer most likely.

Budget Range: £750-£800 ($1150.65-$1227.36 I think)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Graphic design (Photoshop)/video editing, Gaming, Youtube.
    Are you buying a monitor: Yes 1920x1080 if possible.

Parts to Upgrade: Whole new PC.
    Do you need to buy OS: Yes.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Whatever you like but http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/ is good.

Parts Preferences: Intel,nvidea.

Overclocking: Maybe.

SLI or Crossfire: No.

Additional Comments: Good ram speed for editing, I don't want any lights for flashy cases just a good Chassis I quite like the 300r's.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I currently have a laptop I got for free w/ pentium dual @ 2.6, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 160GG HDD and intel graphics. This takes ages to render videos and I get around 10 fps when running a hl12 game i.e Counterstrike ect which are hardly taxing. I also just really want a nice fast computer that is semi future proof.
    Thanks a lot,
    Alex

Anonymous said:
    No SSD in your setup? Are you waiting for the prices to go down or something?

Yeah I didn't think for the money in this particular build that an SSD was worth it, I've also heard a few stories of reliability issues and I don't particularly want to loose all my OS and graphics programs ;D
  4. krthush said:
    Any opinions on the build I listed alex :D ?

Yeah Thanks its great! :) Buy the time I have the money (some time after summer) I think 4th gen possibly will be out so That will reduce the cpu price hopefully and thing will only get cheaper ;D Also I'm not sure if buy the time I have the money up front you'll still be doing your deal. If not no worries this will be my first computer build and it would be fun to do myself :D
  5. Thanks so much for your build man! :) I really appreciate it. However I prefer the build from krthush just for cpu I do like nvidea better though :) These builds are great! Thanks
  6. Hmm i back, sorry about that, basically got banned for advertising (didn't know the rules were that strict, here's the build for again alex)

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/R2Ni
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/R2Ni/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/R2Ni/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£167.99 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£59.00 @ Ebuyer)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£76.20 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£32.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate Pipeline HD 500GB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive (£34.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card (£157.80 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case (£39.49 @ Dabs)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£49.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£11.13 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£68.39 @ Aria PC)
    Monitor: AOC E2243FW 21.5" Monitor (£104.94 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £802.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-16 10:30 BST+0100)
  7. batuchka said:

In general, the build I listed would be better for graphics editing, but this one will be better for video gaming. I suggest you stick to my build (as i've explained before)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Video Editing Systems 750-800 pc Intel