I think I may have a faulty power supply. Coolermaster 700W silent pro
When I have my psu installed, nothing happens when I try push the power on button on my PC (PC1).
I have realized that when I plug in my USB flash drive, the flash drive's LED flashes (dimmed, as if there's not enough power) continuously, non-stop, on/off/on/off at a constant rate. It only stops blinking about 20 seconds after I switch off the mains
However, when I plug in the same flash drive onto another PC that works, it flashes very brightly for about 3 flashes and stops. Windows detects the flash drive and I am able to view files in it. So the flash drive is not faulty.
So I took out the PSU and tried jump starting it by using a paper clip, shorting the green and a black wire. The fans turn on, but I hear a pulsing static crack sound, at the SAME frequency as the LED flash of the flash drive when I plugged it in before.
I am using a spare PSU to power PC1 and it turns on properly.
Specs for PC1: These components are not faulty because they work when I tried it with a different PSU
Core 2 duo e8500
2x2GB ddr3 Ram
I have also realized that the wattage requirement for PC1 is only about 120W