Solved

Pc turning off after a few seconds after i cleaned the fan

hey,a few days back i cleaned the fan of my PC and while doing tat i removed the power cable of fan and now it is getting automatically shutdown without even loading the OS(win 7) its getting off even before loading the start screen..please anybody help me how to fix this issue.
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about turning seconds cleaned fan
  1. So, forgive me for the obvious question, but did you plug the fan cable back in again, and into the correct socket?
  2. yes,i have plugged it back to the same socket no doubt bout it..even the fan starts running as i turn on my pc but after a few secs it goes off.
  3. Did your remove anything besides the fan?
  4. ya i removed the processor once and put it back exactly as it was placed before.
  5. trh6 said:
    ya i removed the processor once and put it back exactly as it was placed before.


    Did you re-apply thermal paste and reseat the cooler properly?
  6. i dont have any idea bout the thermal past..what is thermal past?u mean v need to apply some kind of paste on the processor before placing the fan on it?
  7. Best answer
    trh6 said:
    i dont have any idea bout the thermal past..what is thermal past?u mean v need to apply some kind of paste on the processor before placing the fan on it?


    Yes, if you remove the heatsink, the thermal material needs to be re-applied. You may have noticed a white/grayish substance on the chip surface and heatsink when removing it. That is the thermal material. It ensureas that their are no air gaps between CPU and heatsink, since air is a very poor conductor of heat. No paste means that the CPU will overheat in a very short amount of time.

    I suggest you purchase some paste and then read a good guide on how to apply it. I can talk you through the steps as well if you like.
  8. oh thats the problem it seems..can u please tell me what kind of paste i need to apply on the chip?
  9. Have a look here:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-air-pressure-heatsink,3058-9.html

    There are several brands availble. Arctic Silver seems to be the one most enthusiasts prefer.

    http://www.arcticsilver.com/#
  10. k thanx a lot..
  11. did what herr_koos suggested work If all else fails sorry to say you may have shorted your board. :heink: you were wearing a anti static wristband.... werent you?
  12. ciaranmc2011 said:
    If all else fails sorry to say you may have shorted your board. :heink: you were wearing a anti static wristband.... werent you?


    I've never used one of those, ever. You just have to be careful and remember to earth yourself against the case before touching anything.
  13. Herr_Koos said:
    ciaranmc2011 said:
    If all else fails sorry to say you may have shorted your board. :heink: you were wearing a anti static wristband.... werent you?


    I've never used one of those, ever. You just have to be careful and remember to earth yourself against the case before touching anything.


    Yes people say that works but i've never been one to trust it, better safe than sorry mate
  14. @Herr_koos hey dude thanks a lot for the info it was exactly the same problem as u figured out.i fixed it wid ur help.thank u
  15. My pleasure! So you managed to figure out how to apply the paste correctly? I hope you remembered to clean off the old stuff first.
  16. ya i have done it correct..and now my pc is working well.thanks again...
  17. Excellent, good to hear. Lesson learned then!
Ask a new question

Read More

Fan Cable Power CPUs