Hi guys, My inspiron 1545 will not power on nothing at all now. I was using a replacement charger and all of a sudden stopped working and also could smell maybe burning where dc jack is. Charger then stopped working altogether. The laptop however continued working until battery died. I bought replacement "dell" charger and is no responce from laptop. The charger shows solid green light on the transformer and when plug it into laptop it faintly flashes with no actiopn on laptop.
I am just wondering whether this is possibly just a short circuit or something at the dc powerjack mini usb board, or is it likely to have damaged motherboard. Reason being is if it is just the jack mini board i will replace myself as is it is cheap, if not i will probably just strip and sell for parts...any ideas before i take to bits lol..