Solved

Looking for a quiet/cool/light(ish) case

I am building a new gaming pc, and am trying to find one that has good airflow, is quiet, and lightweight (relatively). I like the Fractal R4, but it is very heavy. I would like to be able to take this to lan parties without too much trouble. I need some suggestions please!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about quiet cool light ish case
  1. What would be the max weight that you can lift comfortably?

    The R3 is about 10 pounds lighter if that helps.
  2. ksham said:
    What would be the max weight that you can lift comfortably?

    The R3 is about 10 pounds lighter if that helps.


    I can lift the R4, but I was just hoping for something easier to transport. Is the R3 still available? I thought it was discontinued.
  3. No, no. I was only trying to figure out what your preferred weight for the case. How about the Corsair Obsidian Series 550D?
  4. ksham said:
    No, no. I was only trying to figure out what your preferred weight for the case. How about the Corsair Obsidian Series 550D?


    I was looking at that case too. I am worried about the airflow. I have read some reviews that say the airflow is pretty bad because their sound dampening foam is more restrictive than the stuff in the Fractal R4. To be fair, some of those "reviews" are just speculation because those people don't own the case. I was considering the Corsair 500r, but I am concerned about dust accumulation. I like the Corsair C70 because of the handles, but again the reviews about airflow are confusing. Who knew that picking a case was so difficult haha!
  5. Best answer
    If I were you, I'd just pick a case that I like. Aesthetically, functionally, and affordable. Any case can be quiet. Just buy aftermarket fans that are quiet. Also buy a fan controller. The Corsair AF/SP series are really good, especially the quiet versions. Though, at 8V or lower, the High Performance versions outperform the Quiet versions and are quiet.
  6. ksham said:
    If I were you, I'd just pick a case that I like. Aesthetically, functionally, and affordable. Any case can be quiet. Just buy aftermarket fans that are quiet. Also buy a fan controller. The Corsair AF/SP series are really good, especially the quiet versions. Though, at 8V or lower, the High Performance versions outperform the Quiet versions and are quiet.


    Thanks for all of your help! I think I will go with the 550d. Cheers!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Cases Light Systems