A8-3820 GPU bottleneck

Immaculate

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
What is the fastest GPU i can run on A8-3820 APU w/o seeing too big of a bottleneck?

Someone said i would be fine with a Sapphire 7850 2GB OC'd.

What about the Sapphire 7870 XT? I really like this card, its always out of stock though.

I know i have a weak CPU, but i plan on using the card with an i5 in the future. I know the i5 would not see a bottleneck, so all i need is feedback towards the APU.

Thanks Everybody

Solution
The 7870 should be fine with that CPU. Will you see lower FPS with it over the i5 3570k, yes. Does it really matter if your upgrading the CPU down the road, no. I'd get the best GPU that you can afford (assuming you have a good enough PSU to handle it). This way you can transfer the GPU to the new build and you can move on.
The 7870 should be fine with that CPU. Will you see lower FPS with it over the i5 3570k, yes. Does it really matter if your upgrading the CPU down the road, no. I'd get the best GPU that you can afford (assuming you have a good enough PSU to handle it). This way you can transfer the GPU to the new build and you can move on.

Solution

Immaculate

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
how much FPS difference do you think? it will be 1080p. I just want about 40 fps very high or ultra in BF3, Metro: Last Light ( I imagine better optimized this time around)

Yea i bought the TX650 V2 on tigerdirect with $40 off. so im covered there.

I have my eye on the i5-3350P from my understanding P just means no IGP, or would it just be better with IGP so my dedicated GPU isn't running %100 of the time? AMD has that zero-core stuff.

I'm not sure of your results, but the GPU will do well for your setup. As far as the Intel i5 3350p, the "P" is for no integrated GPU and isn't that big of a deal not having it. The i5 3570k is unlocked and will last you longer, but it is about $40 more, so if that is too much the 3350p will do fine. The iGPU won't run with the dedicated GPU (talking about the Intel CPU's), but the AMD can do that, but only if the dGPU is close to the integrated one, so there is no concern there.

Immaculate

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
I dont mean Dual Graphics, i just mean things other than games. Games are all i want my dedicated card to do. Possibly some videos. Would it kick in automatically on youtube then kick back off once i close youtube?

I want my dedicated card to be off while its not playing games, so would i have to get a non "P" version in order to do that? Do motherboards have iGPU? that way i could still get the 3350P.

Thanks for the answers