Hi about to buy gaming laptop and would like to get opinion of users before I place order. Instead of jamming all question in one thread am going to separate them by part.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COMMENTS!!!!
Budget of 2.5K
Which model should I choose? I am boiled down to
- Sager NP9150 / clevo 15OEM
- Sager NP9170 / clevo 17OEM
- Sager NP9370 / clevo 37OEM
With my budget of 2.5K which model will give me the most stable system and best overall performance of the following.
- Ease of upgrade
- Decent sound - (I can put on headphones so on-board speaks not as important then a decent soundcard)
- Driver or hardware compatibility issues
Hardware Chosen so far:
16GB 2x6 ram,
critical m4 256 SSD for OS (I already own)
Intel 120GB SSD for installing games (I already own)
WD 650GB 5400 HDD for Data (I already own)
Blue ray reader
To use on long business trips (two three months at a time) and to keep me entertained cause some of the cities I go to does not have TV or even internet.
70% Gaming, 10% watching movie, 20% on lite excel, powerpoint, emial use for work. (I hope my boss don't see this LOL)
Games I would like to play on ultra - BF3, Simcity, SCII, Farcry
Importance ranking -
1. Smooth graphics at ultra or at least one below
2. Onboard sound card, Will be connecting to gaming headphones 50% of the time so the quality of the sound output is good
3.Onboard speakers Would like the onboard speakers to be at least decent, meaning no distortion.
4. Screen Quality
5. battery life
I had a m17X m4 with 7970 ATI graphics card, but the m17x/7970/win8 combo has multiple issues from the start so I ended up returning the unit. Love the quality and build though
With that budget, you should go for the 9370, after all, why not?
Also, it's worth noting that you can also buy Clevo/Sager builds from Xoticpc, and they offer them without OS installs (which would save some cash from you) -- doing it that way would save enough to go for an SLI/ CFX setup :-)