Solved

building a Gaming PC that can run battlefield 3 in ULTRA

hey im building a gaming rig so i can run bf3 in ultra i would love if one of you can write what parts i should get becuase i don't know much about computers im looking to spend about $1100 (au) also i would pefer a nividia graphics card thanks in advance
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building gaming run battlefield ultra
  1. Overclock?

    Monitor resolution?

    Do you need to buy OS? monitor?
  2. Best answer
    This is an example build for the price. It is in US dollars but you can get a feel for what you can get. Things are easily modifiable depending on your needs. This system will play BF3 on Ultra with all settings cranked up. Also, I put in an expensive GPU cuz BF4 is coming out soon and you'll want more GPU to handle it.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus P8H77-V LE ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($108.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($373.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1137.89
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-17 22:13 EDT-0400)
  3. 670 can run bf3 on ultra settings, im using one and play bf3 a lot.
    660ti is ok also, but fps dips below 60 sometimes.

    also, i heard that 650 boost (it's 650 right?) in sli can beat a 680, which will save you some greens. of course there may be issues as with any sli.

    get a 3570k if budget permits. then oc that
  4. envy14tpe said:
    This is an example build for the price. It is in US dollars but you can get a feel for what you can get. Things are easily modifiable depending on your needs. This system will play BF3 on Ultra with all settings cranked up. Also, I put in an expensive GPU cuz BF4 is coming out soon and you'll want more GPU to handle it.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus P8H77-V LE ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($108.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($373.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1137.89
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-17 22:13 EDT-0400)


    oh yeah ill need to get windows 7 and does OS monitor mean a monitor with windows 7 on it all ready if so what monitor should i get and what resolution monitor would be good for bf3 and bf4
  5. So you need to buy Windows 7?
    Do you need to buy a monitor? These things affect how to build a computer significantly.
    Typically a 23/24" monitor that is 1920x1080 and 5ms or less response time is best for gaming. Asus makes great ones.
  6. envy14tpe said:
    So you need to buy Windows 7?
    Do you need to buy a monitor? These things affect how to build a computer significantly.
    Typically a 23/24" monitor that is 1920x1080 and 5ms or less response time is best for gaming. Asus makes great ones.

    yeah ill need to buy windows 7 im not the smartest person when it comes to building computers im more of the person to kinda fix them :) but im pretty sure windows 7 is like 100 or 200 i can afford that
  7. Do you want to overclock the CPU? or just leave it alone?
  8. envy14tpe said:
    Do you want to overclock the CPU? or just leave it alone?


    i shouldn't need to overclock it but do you think i should would it make that big of a difference
  9. For $1100AUD, you'd be looking at two choices. Intel...not overclocked or AMD...overclocked
    I chose from one supplier, cuz in Australia prices aren't as good as States (i know I live in Taiwan now) and probably
    closer to the price you would pay.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus P8H77-V LE ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($108.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card ($284.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1158.88
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-17 23:34 EDT-0400)

    AMD overclock build:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($92.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($393.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1211.44
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-17 23:55 EDT-0400)

    By going with a cheaper CPU (that overclocks incredibly) you can use the saved money and get a more expensive
    GPU. It's a tough call, but both are great.
  10. envy14tpe said:
    For $1100AUD, you'd be looking at two choices. Intel...not overclocked or AMD...overclocked
    I chose from one supplier, cuz in Australia prices aren't as good as States (i know I live in Taiwan now) and probably
    closer to the price you would pay.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus P8H77-V LE ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($108.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card ($284.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1158.88
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-17 23:34 EDT-0400)

    AMD overclock build:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($92.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($393.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1211.44
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-17 23:55 EDT-0400)

    By going with a cheaper CPU (that overclocks incredibly) you can use the saved money and get a more expensive
    GPU. It's a tough call, but both are great.


    i think im gonna go for the intel build thanks man you helped me out alot be sure to use this site if i ever need to upgrade it :)
  11. You're welcome. Happy fun playing BF3. (Best game ever..until 4)
  12. Luke339 said:
    hey im building a gaming rig so i can run bf3 in ultra i would love if one of you can write what parts i should get becuase i don't know much about computers im looking to spend about $1100 (au) also i would pefer a nividia graphics card thanks in advance


    For a little bit more a GeForce gtx 770 would be a better bet, $399
Ask a new question

Read More

Battlefield Gaming Systems