Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Final desision! Msi Gtx670 PE vs Ggbt HD7970

Tags:
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 18, 2013 8:14:16 AM

Hey guys! FInaly decided which two cards I would buy. So its comes to this -

Msi Gtx670 Power Edition
vs
Gigabyte HD7970 OC

They are very similar. Vram I dont need 3gb, 2gb is enough for me, becouse it doesnt increase fps, it only helps somehow for multi monitors. But i wanted to ask this- Does bits increase fps? What do bits do? Hd7970 does have a little bit more bits, but does it matter?
Also dont forget i can OC gtx670 more and hd7970 gigabyte not far, only a couple of mhz :D 
Or should I get two gtx660 (non ti) in sli? :D D
Thank you guys in advance! Cheers
April 18, 2013 8:18:06 AM

hd 7970 beats gtx 670 no doubt there.bits desnot matter,benches are imp

i suggest single gpu only. as it is enough for gaming
m
0
l
April 18, 2013 8:39:21 AM

7970, get voltage unlocked card and OC it faar
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 22, 2013 8:50:58 AM

I am talking only of these two, on voltage unlocked cards (others) . And the gigabyte hd7970 OC doesnt beat msi gtx670 PE , if OC it more, it will beat the gigabyte hd7970 becouse gigabyte hd7970 is voltage locked, thats why I am asking about this, i cant decide, mabye hd7970 is better then 670 becouse of the drivers? PLease someone help
m
0
l
April 22, 2013 9:05:15 AM

this old review.with latest drivers hd 7970 will come in close with gtx 670 pe

m
0
l
April 22, 2013 11:12:32 AM

ignasx123 said:
I am talking only of these two, on voltage unlocked cards (others) . And the gigabyte hd7970 OC doesnt beat msi gtx670 PE , if OC it more, it will beat the gigabyte hd7970 becouse gigabyte hd7970 is voltage locked, thats why I am asking about this, i cant decide, mabye hd7970 is better then 670 becouse of the drivers? PLease someone help

Definitely get the 670 PE. MSI Afterburner 2.3 restored the ability to unlock the voltage on MSI cards.

Chances are that the games you want to play, either perform much better on the 670 or at least will perform similarly to the 7970. There are few popular games where the 7970 shows clear dominance of more than a few FPS. Here's a couple recent reviews with a bunch of benchmarks, you'll see what I mean.
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670...
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/powercolor_radeon_...

If you have any desire to play any PhysX games, like the new Metro: Last Light, that comes free with the 670 PE, then the 670 is a requisite.

In terms of drivers there has always been an advantage with Nvidia in that they offer better support for new games. AMD usually needs weeks and months to catch up to the performance that Nvidia cards get upon the game's release.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/03/04/2012_amd_nvid...
m
0
l
April 23, 2013 9:42:35 AM

17seconds said:
ignasx123 said:
I am talking only of these two, on voltage unlocked cards (others) . And the gigabyte hd7970 OC doesnt beat msi gtx670 PE , if OC it more, it will beat the gigabyte hd7970 becouse gigabyte hd7970 is voltage locked, thats why I am asking about this, i cant decide, mabye hd7970 is better then 670 becouse of the drivers? PLease someone help

Definitely get the 670 PE. MSI Afterburner 2.3 restored the ability to unlock the voltage on MSI cards.

Chances are that the games you want to play, either perform much better on the 670 or at least will perform similarly to the 7970. There are few popular games where the 7970 shows clear dominance of more than a few FPS. Here's a couple recent reviews with a bunch of benchmarks, you'll see what I mean.
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670...
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/powercolor_radeon_...

If you have any desire to play any PhysX games, like the new Metro: Last Light, that comes free with the 670 PE, then the 670 is a requisite.

In terms of drivers there has always been an advantage with Nvidia in that they offer better support for new games. AMD usually needs weeks and months to catch up to the performance that Nvidia cards get upon the game's release.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/03/04/2012_amd_nvid...


THnx, but why do you recommend the Gtx670 pe when HD7970 in yoour reviews shows is a bit better in some games? : o
m
0
l
April 23, 2013 10:40:47 AM

ignasx123 said:
17seconds said:


THnx, but why do you recommend the Gtx670 pe when HD7970 in yoour reviews shows is a bit better in some games? : o

My point is that the performance difference is not that great, and you can easily find popular games that will perform better on the GTX 670, sometimes much better.

Don't treat benchmarks like a game of basketball and think that a point or two is a "win". Look at the big picture and make your decision based on something other than just performance. Having done a lot of research on these things, I would get the GTX 670 just because there are more positives, in addition to high-end performance.
m
0
l
April 23, 2013 10:42:51 AM

BUt i can still OC the gtx670 PE so then it would beat the gigabyte hd7970? :D 
m
0
l
!