Formating internal HDD using USB

Hi,

How do I format my HDD to use it again in my laptop? I got a bootMGR is missing error. That's because I accidently deleted it with Ubuntu.

I tried formating it to FAT32, but it failed.

I opened another external hard drive to connect it to my other laptop.

Running windows recovery didn't work. When I tried that, I got the bootMGR is missing error again.
6 answers Last reply
More about formating internal hdd usb
  1. Can you try to connect a different HDD and run it off that, then use the errored HDD as an external and format it? using cmd
    Ex:
    CMD

    -Diskpart
    -List disk
    -select disk #
    -clean
    -format fs=fat32 label="default"
    etc.. you get the idea.
  2. Make a harem boot USB stick use there fix mbr tool.
  3. Andy11466 said:
    Can you try to connect a different HDD and run it off that, then use the errored HDD as an external and format it? using cmd
    Ex:
    CMD

    -Diskpart
    -List disk
    -select disk #
    -clean
    -format fs=fat32 label="default"
    etc.. you get the idea.


    Already did this. I tried formatting it but after a few hours it gave an error that the file was too big.

    Right now I am formatting it to NTFS using a different program. No error's so far, but still at 43%.
  4. I kind of had the error problem. Make sure you delete the file to make it unallocated HDD, then partition it first. and then format it.
  5. smorizio said:
    Make a harem boot USB stick use there fix mbr tool.



    Can I use it now that I have format my HDD to NTFS?
  6. Andy11466 said:
    I kind of had the error problem. Make sure you delete the file to make it unallocated HDD, then partition it first. and then format it.


    So far this is what I have done.

    I have format the HDD to NTFS
    Downloaded Win7 iso
    WAIK

    I'm trying to install windows 7 on my internal HDD. I have connected it as an external HDD to my other laptop. If it works I'll post a more precies way of how I did it.
Ask a new question

Read More

USB Samsung Laptops Boot Failure Ultrabooks Windows 7 Hard Drives Systems