Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Radeon HD 7790 or GTX 650 Ti Boost?

Tags:
  • Gtx
  • HD
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
April 19, 2013 5:13:15 AM

I've seen websites that say that the 7790 is better than the 650 Ti Boost and I also saw websites that say that the 650 Ti Boost is better than the 7790

so, which one really is better than the other?

*when comparing, please use the same number of VRAM

-Thank You in Advance!

More about : radeon 7790 gtx 650 boost

Best solution

April 19, 2013 5:26:11 AM

XFA24 said:
I've seen websites that say that the 7790 is better than the 650 Ti Boost and I also saw websites that say that the 650 Ti Boost is better than the 7790

so, which one really is better than the other?

*when comparing, please use the same number of VRAM

-Thank You in Advance!


The 650 ti Boost is easily the better card, even if it has 1gb of VRAM. The 7790 sports the lates AMD GPU named Bonaire, it has been positioned to contend with the 650 ti, which it does outperform. The 650 ti Boost, while still sporting the same GK 106 GPU, it has a wider memory bus, more ROPs, and clock speeds on par with the 660. To add, the 650 ti Boost competes with the 7850 and performs quite similarly across some titles.

Tom's did a review of the 650 ti Boost, here it is http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-650-ti-...
Share
April 19, 2013 5:35:50 AM

Go with the gtx 650 ti boost it has better performance than it and is similar to the hd 7850.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 19, 2013 9:04:21 AM

faster23rd said:
XFA24 said:
I've seen websites that say that the 7790 is better than the 650 Ti Boost and I also saw websites that say that the 650 Ti Boost is better than the 7790

so, which one really is better than the other?

*when comparing, please use the same number of VRAM

-Thank You in Advance!


The 650 ti Boost is easily the better card, even if it has 1gb of VRAM. The 7790 sports the lates AMD GPU named Bonaire, it has been positioned to contend with the 650 ti, which it does outperform. The 650 ti Boost, while still sporting the same GK 106 GPU, it has a wider memory bus, more ROPs, and clock speeds on par with the 660. To add, the 650 ti Boost competes with the 7850 and performs quite similarly across some titles.

Tom's did a review of the 650 ti Boost, here it is http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-650-ti-...


alright, thanks man!
m
0
l
April 19, 2013 9:05:02 AM

david cassar said:
Go with the gtx 650 ti boost it has better performance than it and is similar to the hd 7850.


I was looking for something that is compared with performances in games but anyway, thanks aswell!
m
0
l
October 12, 2013 8:04:03 AM

I'm debating this as well with no luck, and every time I see a chart, it's always a 1GB 7790 non-OC, compared to a 2GB GTX 650 Ti Boost... the above chart, same thing. Not really comparing apples and oranges, but... rather apples and big apples. :) 
m
0
l