Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need some advice.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 22, 2013 4:18:08 PM

I am wanting some advice on video cards for Star Wars: The Old Republic. I am currently using a GeForce GT 220. I have everything on low and I am getting around 20-25 FPS everywhere I go. This isn't good enough for me. I am looking to upgrade to a better card, and I know the GT 220 is very below average for gaming. I am looking to spend $75. The rest of my specs are as follows: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.0GHz. Memory is 3326MB of Ram. I believe my power supply is 400w. I'm really not worried about that part. What is a decent video card I could buy with my spending limit?

More about : advice

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
April 22, 2013 4:23:21 PM

Brandon Young said:
I am wanting some advice on video cards for Star Wars: The Old Republic. I am currently using a GeForce GT 220. I have everything on low and I am getting around 20-25 FPS everywhere I go. This isn't good enough for me. I am looking to upgrade to a better card, and I know the GT 220 is very below average for gaming. I am looking to spend $75. The rest of my specs are as follows: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.0GHz. Memory is 3326MB of Ram. I believe my power supply is 400w. I'm really not worried about that part. What is a decent video card I could buy with my spending limit?


Radeon 6670 can be found for about $65-70. If you can make it to $100, you can get an HD 7750.

Mark
Share
April 22, 2013 4:45:40 PM

markwp said:
Brandon Young said:
I am wanting some advice on video cards for Star Wars: The Old Republic. I am currently using a GeForce GT 220. I have everything on low and I am getting around 20-25 FPS everywhere I go. This isn't good enough for me. I am looking to upgrade to a better card, and I know the GT 220 is very below average for gaming. I am looking to spend $75. The rest of my specs are as follows: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.0GHz. Memory is 3326MB of Ram. I believe my power supply is 400w. I'm really not worried about that part. What is a decent video card I could buy with my spending limit?


Radeon 6670 can be found for about $65-70. If you can make it to $100, you can get an HD 7750.

Mark


Thanks. I went ahead and purchased a Sapphire HD 6670 from Newegg.com. From what I've read, the 6670 is miles better than the GT 220. Thanks again for the advice.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 22, 2013 4:50:42 PM

Brandon Young said:
markwp said:
Brandon Young said:
I am wanting some advice on video cards for Star Wars: The Old Republic. I am currently using a GeForce GT 220. I have everything on low and I am getting around 20-25 FPS everywhere I go. This isn't good enough for me. I am looking to upgrade to a better card, and I know the GT 220 is very below average for gaming. I am looking to spend $75. The rest of my specs are as follows: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.0GHz. Memory is 3326MB of Ram. I believe my power supply is 400w. I'm really not worried about that part. What is a decent video card I could buy with my spending limit?


Radeon 6670 can be found for about $65-70. If you can make it to $100, you can get an HD 7750.

Mark


Thanks. I went ahead and purchased a Sapphire HD 6670 from Newegg.com. From what I've read, the 6670 is miles better than the GT 220. Thanks again for the advice.


Be sure to download the latest drivers from AMD - do NOT use the drivers on the disc that come with the card. Completely uninstall the Nvidia drivers and software BEFORE you install the AMD drivers. Use CCleaner or DriverSweeper to make sure you get the odds and ends then install the AMD drivers.

You'll see a difference without doubt.

Mark
m
0
l
!