Solved

SAPPHIRE HD 7850 OC 2GB GDDR5 or SAPPHIRE HD 7870 OC 2GB GDDR5 to crossfire with A10 5800k. Which is better??? 7970 is toooooo

SAPPHIRE HD 7850 OC 2GB GDDR5 or SAPPHIRE HD 7870 OC 2GB GDDR5 to crossfire with A10 5800k. Which is better??? 7970 is tooooooo expensive.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sapphire 7850 2gb gddr5 sapphire 7870 2gb gddr5 crossfire a10 5800k 7970 toooooo
  1. the 5800k can only crossfire up to a hd 6670
  2. dudewitbow said:
    the 5800k can only crossfire up to a hd 6670


    for real?? but with a higher v.card will it boost my system?
  3. the igpu will just turn off if you use a higher gpu.itll treat the apu as if it was a normal cpu without an igpu on it
  4. dudewitbow said:
    the igpu will just turn off if you use a higher gpu.itll treat the apu as if it was a normal cpu without an igpu on it


    a10 5800k crossfire with 6670 better than a10 5800k with 7850 oc? which is better?
  5. Best answer
    7850 will be alot better. a10 with 6670 is similar to 7750
  6. Any card you get that is more powerful than a 6670 will downclock itself to imitate the performance of a 6670, before it can crossfire with the A10 5800k

    So getting anything better is a waste of money.

    You will be better off getting a single 7870 OC and run it without crossfire, as it will outperform the 6670 in crossfire with your A10.
  7. huilun02 said:
    Any card you get that is more powerful than a 6670 will downclock itself to imitate the performance of a 6670, before it can crossfire with the A10 5800k

    So getting anything better is a waste of money.

    You will be better off getting a single 7870 OC and run it without crossfire, as it will outperform the 6670 in crossfire with your A10.


    you don't know what you're talking about.

    nothing will downclock when put into a mb with an APU. if you try to "dual graphics" a non6670 with an A10/A8 nothing will happen. Dual graphics works just like xfire, in that you need a similar gpu core to sync up to.

    A 7850 placed into a mb with an APU will work like a 7850 in ANY other motherboard. if you try to dual graphics it with the APU nothing will happen.

    As to the OPs question, the 7850 or 7870 by themselves are way better then an APU in dual graphics with a 6670
  8. ingtar33 said:
    huilun02 said:
    Any card you get that is more powerful than a 6670 will downclock itself to imitate the performance of a 6670, before it can crossfire with the A10 5800k

    So getting anything better is a waste of money.

    You will be better off getting a single 7870 OC and run it without crossfire, as it will outperform the 6670 in crossfire with your A10.


    you don't know what you're talking about.

    nothing will downclock when put into a mb with an APU. if you try to "dual graphics" a non6670 with an A10/A8 nothing will happen. Dual graphics works just like xfire, in that you need a similar gpu core to sync up to.

    A 7850 placed into a mb with an APU will work like a 7850 in ANY other motherboard. if you try to dual graphics it with the APU nothing will happen.

    As to the OPs question, the 7850 or 7870 by themselves are way better then an APU in dual graphics with a 6670


    thanks for this info
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics