Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Connecting windows 8 laptop to tv?

Last response: in Windows 8
Share
April 23, 2013 10:20:24 PM

Hi, I have a lenovo laptop with windows 8 and wanted to see if it was possible to connect my smaller tv to it and use two screens.

I have a dynex 24 inch and it would be really awesome if that was possible and what cables would I use?

Any help much appreciated!
April 23, 2013 10:49:22 PM

Depends on what outputs your laptop has and what inputs your tv has. Common laptop outputs are VGA and HDMI. Less common are miniDisplayPort and DisplayPort. LCD TV's usually have a HDMI input. If both sides have HDMI, then I would go with that. You can find HDMI cables from monoprice.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&...
April 23, 2013 10:58:39 PM

UniqueName said:
Depends on what outputs your laptop has and what inputs your tv has. Common laptop outputs are VGA and HDMI. Less common are miniDisplayPort and DisplayPort. LCD TV's usually have a HDMI input. If both sides have HDMI, then I would go with that. You can find HDMI cables from monoprice.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&...


Both have HDMI ports, but there are so many hdmi cables on amazon not sure which one is best for windows 8?
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a c 292 * Windows 8
April 23, 2013 11:35:54 PM

KfcInterested said:
UniqueName said:
Depends on what outputs your laptop has and what inputs your tv has. Common laptop outputs are VGA and HDMI. Less common are miniDisplayPort and DisplayPort. LCD TV's usually have a HDMI input. If both sides have HDMI, then I would go with that. You can find HDMI cables from monoprice.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&...



Both have HDMI ports, but there are so many hdmi cables on amazon not sure which one is best for windows 8?


Choose your length and go for Gold!

April 24, 2013 5:57:28 PM

HDMI cables are digital. It will either work or not.
a b D Laptop
a c 292 * Windows 8
April 24, 2013 9:41:10 PM

UniqueName said:
HDMI cables are digital. It will either work or not.


Ah, but there are at least 10 different ends to consider...
!