Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Strange gpu temps on Radeon 5970

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 25, 2013 10:54:21 AM

I recently installed cpu-z hardware monitor as I am worried my video card could be going to crap. I have a Sapphire Radeon 5970 OC 2GB. After installing the monitor system When I was looking at the temperatures I got confused on what the actual temperatures of the GPU was. It lists 2 radeon HD 5900. Under one of them it lists under the Temperatures a TMPINO and another TMPINO. With 2 different temps. The other Radeon HD 5900 has only 1 listed. My question is.. How do I read this to know what my temperatures are?
My system specs:

AMD X4 965 @4.5ghz
16gb DDR3 1600mhz Kingston
120 GB Vertex4 SSD
Asus M5a99X EVO R2.0
Sapphire Radeon 5970 OC 2GB
Seagate 1.5TB 7200 RPM HDD

Heres a picture of the hardware monitor program

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6199/20130425075805....

(didn't know how to attach to the post)
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
April 25, 2013 12:44:38 PM

y2bne1 said:
I recently installed cpu-z hardware monitor as I am worried my video card could be going to crap. I have a Sapphire Radeon 5970 OC 2GB. After installing the monitor system When I was looking at the temperatures I got confused on what the actual temperatures of the GPU was. It lists 2 radeon HD 5900. Under one of them it lists under the Temperatures a TMPINO and another TMPINO. With 2 different temps. The other Radeon HD 5900 has only 1 listed. My question is.. How do I read this to know what my temperatures are?
My system specs:

AMD X4 965 @4.5ghz
16gb DDR3 1600mhz Kingston
120 GB Vertex4 SSD
Asus M5a99X EVO R2.0
Sapphire Radeon 5970 OC 2GB
Seagate 1.5TB 7200 RPM HDD

Heres a picture of the hardware monitor program

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6199/20130425075805....

(didn't know how to attach to the post)


The first listing is the individual gpu's, the second listing is the "package" sensor. Try downloading gpuz from guru3d and check the sensors readings using that. I think it's a bit more accurate. Do NOT run both at the same time as they will interfere with each other.

Mark
m
0
l
April 25, 2013 2:08:49 PM

markwp said:
y2bne1 said:
I recently installed cpu-z hardware monitor as I am worried my video card could be going to crap. I have a Sapphire Radeon 5970 OC 2GB. After installing the monitor system When I was looking at the temperatures I got confused on what the actual temperatures of the GPU was. It lists 2 radeon HD 5900. Under one of them it lists under the Temperatures a TMPINO and another TMPINO. With 2 different temps. The other Radeon HD 5900 has only 1 listed. My question is.. How do I read this to know what my temperatures are?
My system specs:

AMD X4 965 @4.5ghz
16gb DDR3 1600mhz Kingston
120 GB Vertex4 SSD
Asus M5a99X EVO R2.0
Sapphire Radeon 5970 OC 2GB
Seagate 1.5TB 7200 RPM HDD

Heres a picture of the hardware monitor program

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6199/20130425075805....

(didn't know how to attach to the post)


The first listing is the individual gpu's, the second listing is the "package" sensor. Try downloading gpuz from guru3d and check the sensors readings using that. I think it's a bit more accurate. Do NOT run both at the same time as they will interfere with each other.

Mark



Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply. I did as you requested and installed the gpu-z by techpowerup. When I went to the Sensors screen, it lists 3 GPU temps and 2 VDDCI.

With the information you stated previously, the first and second GPU temps are the individual GPU temps and the third GPU temp is the "package" sensor. The package, is it considered averaged between both GPU's?

Furthermore, I noticed that my VDDCI do not match. It's about 0.05 difference. Would this be a problem?
Thanks in advance!
-Andrew
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
April 25, 2013 2:40:06 PM

y2bne1 said:
markwp said:
y2bne1 said:
I recently installed cpu-z hardware monitor as I am worried my video card could be going to crap. I have a Sapphire Radeon 5970 OC 2GB. After installing the monitor system When I was looking at the temperatures I got confused on what the actual temperatures of the GPU was. It lists 2 radeon HD 5900. Under one of them it lists under the Temperatures a TMPINO and another TMPINO. With 2 different temps. The other Radeon HD 5900 has only 1 listed. My question is.. How do I read this to know what my temperatures are?
My system specs:

AMD X4 965 @4.5ghz
16gb DDR3 1600mhz Kingston
120 GB Vertex4 SSD
Asus M5a99X EVO R2.0
Sapphire Radeon 5970 OC 2GB
Seagate 1.5TB 7200 RPM HDD

Heres a picture of the hardware monitor program

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6199/20130425075805....

(didn't know how to attach to the post)


The first listing is the individual gpu's, the second listing is the "package" sensor. Try downloading gpuz from guru3d and check the sensors readings using that. I think it's a bit more accurate. Do NOT run both at the same time as they will interfere with each other.

Mark



Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply. I did as you requested and installed the gpu-z by techpowerup. When I went to the Sensors screen, it lists 3 GPU temps and 2 VDDCI.

With the information you stated previously, the first and second GPU temps are the individual GPU temps and the third GPU temp is the "package" sensor. The package, is it considered averaged between both GPU's?

Furthermore, I noticed that my VDDCI do not match. It's about 0.05 difference. Would this be a problem?
Thanks in advance!
-Andrew


Yep, that's correct. and the .05 is not a biggie. No matter what sensor monitor you use, there will be variations. You might want to check out MSI afterburner or EVGA Precision and set up a fan curve - more heat = more fan rpm. It's pretty handy to help keep the gpu's in check.

Mark
Share
!