Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

NZXT Phantom 630 or Switch 810?

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 25, 2013 3:50:14 PM

Im trying to decide between the switch 810 and phantom 630. Bot are fairly equally priced (Around $150). I'm willing to spend about $250 on a new case if you have any other suggestions. but here is my Though process:

Switch 810: http://

    Lots of space up top for when I go liquid cooling
    HUGE Window to see my components.
    I like the whole closing top exhaust to help with noise when I dont need a lot of airflow
    I like the idea of having duel 140 mm fans on the drive bays for my gtx 670's



Phantom 630: http://

    I love the phantom design to the case.
    I like the included fan controller but to be honest i would probably replace it anyways
    I like how I would be able to see the led fans i have from the outside.
    The only thing I really don't like is the fact it has a very very small window.



Let me know what you think! Also if you have any other ideas for a full case let me know!
April 25, 2013 3:58:17 PM

I prefer the 810 but I would take a Corsair 600T mid-tower over either of these full towers all day.
m
0
l
April 25, 2013 3:58:45 PM

If you want to go water cooling the the Switch 810 wins. So much more compatibility.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

April 25, 2013 4:14:45 PM

I have x2 MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition in SLI with the Switch 810 and a XSPC Rasa 750 RX240 Water Cooling Kit.Switch 810 is an epic hybrid case built for the hardcore PC enthusiast.I really like it.
Share
April 25, 2013 4:35:22 PM

bigcyco1 said:
I have x2 MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition in SLI with the Switch 810 and a XSPC Rasa 750 RX240 Water Cooling Kit.Switch 810 is an epic hybrid case built for the hardcore PC enthusiast.I really like it.


Well that's what I'm going with then! i just gotta chose between white and gun metal!
m
0
l
April 25, 2013 4:38:05 PM

mhirt34 said:
bigcyco1 said:
I have x2 MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition in SLI with the Switch 810 and a XSPC Rasa 750 RX240 Water Cooling Kit.Switch 810 is an epic hybrid case built for the hardcore PC enthusiast.I really like it.


Well that's what I'm going with then! i just gotta chose between white and gun metal!
:lol:  it's a tuff choice i know. ;) 

m
0
l
April 25, 2013 4:38:54 PM

Quote:
it's a tuff choice i know.


Yeah I will have to find a fan controller for it as well. Since the 810 doesn't have its own fan controller.
m
0
l
April 25, 2013 4:50:45 PM

bigcyco1 said:
mhirt34 said:
Yeah I will have to find a fan controller for it as well. Since the 810 doesn't have its own fan controller.
Yeah i know i added this one http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16086/bus-312/Bitfeni... works great!



Hmmm I like that. Plus i think I'm going to go with the white 810 since i think led lighting inside will look better with the white casing over the grayish color of the gunmetal
m
0
l
April 25, 2013 4:54:14 PM

That sounds good enjoy!
m
0
l
April 25, 2013 4:55:23 PM

By the way how much did the watercooling kit cost? Maybe ill spring to just buy that now and get the GPU blocks later down the line
m
0
l
April 25, 2013 5:02:45 PM

Mine cost me $162.99 plus i bought different fans which cost around $45 and i bought new tubing the stuff that comes with the kit seems cheap imo so i changed it that cost me $15 i am not sure what it sells for now.
m
0
l
!