Fx-8350 is hard to overclock!! help me!! plz

flamehead269

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
So basically I mounted my nice ol' h100i onto my build.. I went into BIOS, reset everything, but I get temps of like 70 C on my CPU with 5.0Ghz when rendering a video or playing Crysis 3!!! MY Voltage is like 1.512, and has no unlocked feature of HPC feat on, has all the the efficencies on(doesnt boot without them).. and tthe VCore Load Calibration is on Ultra High, how can I make my CPU run more efficency for a higher clock, I know this can't be right..

Solution
Well if you wanted to re-apply paste you would need thermal cleaning compound put that would help your temps out if done right. You need to hand overclock if you want to get the best results possible.

Any questions on applying paste or OCing, just ask.

You can't make your cpu run more efficiently but you can reduce the heat. 1st off you should make sure that you applied thermal paste correctly. Too much paste will cause serious heat issues like what you are experiencing. Also make sure that you keep your voltage conservative. If you can't keep the heat down, lower your overclock. You don't want to damage the chip.

flamehead269

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

=/, well the thermal came pre-applied. also when i got on my computer, I lauched amd overdrive and got to 5.3 ghz at 25 C and it wouldnt move from that temp, but when I went in that BIOs to add the OC to the system and changed it up, it wouldnt boot, and i couldnt get the most out of my OC.

Well if you wanted to re-apply paste you would need thermal cleaning compound put that would help your temps out if done right. You need to hand overclock if you want to get the best results possible.

Any questions on applying paste or OCing, just ask.

Solution

flamehead269

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

Yes I know, I am actually thinking of re-applying the thermal, would you recommend the pea size on the middle method?

That's a good method but I do mine a bit different. I put a little paste on then spread (Imagine 1/4 a pea). I repeat this process, usually 3 more times. Each time putting a little paste in a spot that has none and spreading it. The key to this method is to use very little, just enough to spread across the surface. This ensures that you applied an even amount across the surface of the processor.

Those are errors by your cpu. It means that you have to up your voltage or reduce your clock. With how high your voltage is I don't think that would be an option.

flamehead269

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

the max im going on voltage is 1.6 no more, so i mean, imma go see what i can do, an see if its worth it..