7970 No Display on Two motherboards

korsen

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I've been building computers for years, and can't understand what my problem is other than it being incompatible with non-UEFI bios.

Motherboards:
Jetway HZ03-GT-V2
Abit IX38 QuadGT

PSU:
Tagan 800w 20A rails

Connectors:
2x8pin per card

Cards are Powercolor Vortex II

It seems as if the bios detects the card for the Jetway, but i might be imagining things. Writing this at work and I can't be sure if there was suddenly a new option for DualView in the bios's graphical options. I'll have to update this thread when I get home.

I get black screen on both cards in both motherboards regardless of having them both or individually in the motherboard. Device manager doesn't recognize it either when I run off integrated graphics. Yes I've tried disabling the integrated graphics already and there aren't new bios updates I can download. Fans spin and run at normal speeds. I get no beeps or anything.

Also, bought this off ebay - seller takes video of the cards working prior to shipping and is cooperative so I don't think this has to do with the cards being faulty.

Running Windows Server 2008R2 - but that has nothing to do with the problem because I can't see post or bios via these cards to begin with.

Please help.

korsen

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006

I'll get back to you on that one. Currently at work. Not sure if the bios options changed when I put the card in or not, but I'd have to say it does from what I remember messing with last night.

Again, can't give you a definite right now. Will update when I get home in about 7 or 8 hours.

EDIT: I can't tell you if it gives me the option to select something prior, but I do get options for the order with GPP-PCI-GFX0-IGPU(or similar) in various orders. It loads initially with PCI as the first selection order (while video is connected to onboard video).

korsen

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Bad GPUs, the two of them. Powercolor said they were working fine at the lab but they replaced them with reference designs and they fired right up.

Working fine my ass.