Sign in with
Your question

£630 Gaming / Editing PC input wanted

Last response: in Systems
April 26, 2013 11:55:48 AM

Hi. I'm building a gaming / editing (Photoshop / premier pro etc...) pc for around £630. Currently i already have:
HDD, Screen, mouse & Keyboard....

What i'm looking at buying is:
Intel i7 3370K: £250

AMD Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB: £185

XFX P1-550S-XXB9 PRO550W: £60

Corsaire 1600mhz 4GB: £30

ASRock Z77 Pro3 Motherboard: £75

Sharkoon T28 ATX Midi Tower: £45

------------------------

Note: I am planning on overclocking i7 once i purchase an after market cooler

I'm also going to upgrade to at least 8GB of ram shortly after i have the PC running

------------------------

The PC will be used for (in terms of what needs the better specs) Gaming, Video editing then general use (word, internet etc.) I will likely have multiple processes running whilst gaming (Weather this is irrelevant i don't know)

I would like to play games (if possible) at 40-60 fps and wondered how well the card i currently have is able to live up to that?

Any recommendations are VERY gratefully accepted... Also i couldn't find how many watts the graphics card needs?
April 26, 2013 12:47:45 PM

ZacB said:
Hi. I'm building a gaming / editing (Photoshop / premier pro etc...) pc for around £630. Currently i already have:
HDD, Screen, mouse & Keyboard....

What i'm looking at buying is:
Intel i7 3370K: £250

AMD Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB: £185

XFX P1-550S-XXB9 PRO550W: £60

Corsaire 1600mhz 4GB: £30

ASRock Z77 Pro3 Motherboard: £75

Sharkoon T28 ATX Midi Tower: £45

------------------------

Note: I am planning on overclocking i7 once i purchase an after market cooler

I'm also going to upgrade to at least 8GB of ram shortly after i have the PC running

------------------------

The PC will be used for (in terms of what needs the better specs) Gaming, Video editing then general use (word, internet etc.) I will likely have multiple processes running whilst gaming (Weather this is irrelevant i don't know)

I would like to play games (if possible) at 40-60 fps and wondered how well the card i currently have is able to live up to that?

Any recommendations are VERY gratefully accepted... Also i couldn't find how many watts the graphics card needs?

Yeah everything seems fine but change your PSU to a Corsair one PLEASE. XFX is shiteee and I hate them haha , took them TWO WEEKS to reply back to me about my GPU. Also don't buy the Sharkoon case , I had the Sharkoon T9 case which is basically the same as the T28 and it's RUBBISH. No features and all screws etc. Not a good case trust me. Get the Corsair 200R or something similair

Everything else seems fine
a b 4 Gaming
April 26, 2013 1:21:08 PM

XFX PSU's are fine, they are manufactured by Seasonic and they're the best in the business. I also had the 750W version of that myself and it never missed a beat. I can't speak for their customer service though, I never had to use them.

Which games do you play and at what resolution? It's hard to say which GPU you will want without knowing that.
Related resources
April 26, 2013 1:22:06 PM

Yeah everything's good . You are good to go
April 26, 2013 1:22:11 PM

jmsellars1 said:
XFX PSU's are fine, they are manufactured by Seasonic and they're the best in the business. I also had the 750W version of that myself and it never missed a beat. I can't speak for their customer service though, I never had to use them.

Which games do you play and at what resolution? It's hard to say which GPU you will want without knowing that.

Yeah at start XFX were good with customer service but suddenly just dropped and wouldn't reply , the ignored me for TWO weeks and wow so much stress haha
April 26, 2013 1:42:50 PM

jmsellars1 said:

Battlefield 3 etc... Only 1280x720

a b 4 Gaming
April 26, 2013 2:21:35 PM

Zalman z11 plus also very solid
!