Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Cheap but high performance GPU any brand (Nvidia or ATI)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 27, 2013 11:58:00 PM

I have bought a brand new GPU Radeon HD 6670 1GB ddr5 , because at that time I was short on budget, everybody on tom's hardware suggested me to buy HD 7770 OC edition , but I don't have that amount of money so I brought this, So my friend is asking me that which GPU is suitable for playing latest games in max setteings but it will be cheap , I suggested him HD 6670 but he didn't like it , So please can you help me.
April 28, 2013 12:01:33 AM

it depends on resolution he plays?
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 12:06:02 AM

Well it depends on the budget and also on the PSU that is driving the GPU (assuming the GPU needs a PCI-e power connector). I would normally say the 7850/GTX 660 is a good option, but they are usually around $150-200 price range. The 7770 or 7790 are cheaper options, but it depends on the budget.

What is the budget for the GPU?
m
0
l
Related resources
April 28, 2013 12:15:44 AM

The lowest I would go for gaming is 7790.
On nvidia's side at least 650 Ti Boost.

If on tight budget, get a used 6870 or 560Ti (if PSU can handle it).
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 12:23:43 AM

SoumyaHD said:
I have bought a brand new GPU Radeon HD 6670 1GB ddr5 , because at that time I short on budget, everybody in tom's hardware suggested me to buy HD 7770 OC edition , but I don't have that amount of money so I brought this, So my friend is asking me that which GPU is suitable for playing latest games in max setteings but it will be cheap , I suggested him HD 6670 but he didn't like it , So please can you help me.


No GPU will play games in max settings AND be cheap unless he plays on something like 1280x720
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 12:31:57 AM

1280x720 is the resolution and 600 W PSU. 650 Ti Boost/7790 is not a bad idea can it support this resolution, and the monitor is a SIMPLE ordinary benq 15 inch LED monitor.
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 12:42:08 AM

At only 1280x720 then either should do quite well.
m
0
l

Best solution

April 28, 2013 1:01:03 AM

Buy the best GPU you can get, it usually lasts longer that way, especially if the monitor gets upgraded to something with higher resolutions (~$100 1080p monitors have been out for awhile).
Share
April 28, 2013 1:09:54 AM

for 720p even an hd 7770 will max out your games. If you where to upgrade to a 1080p monitor the minimum would be an hd 7790 or a gtx 650 ti. If you are willing to spend more get the hd 7850 or a gtx 650 ti boost.
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 11:43:51 AM

david cassar said:
for 720p even an hd 7770 will max out your games. If you where to upgrade to a 1080p monitor the minimum would be an hd 7790 or a gtx 650 ti. If you are willing to spend more get the hd 7850 or a gtx 650 ti boost.

Can AMD Radeon HD 6670 supports 1080p resolution in modern gaming eg. Star Trek 2013
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 11:57:43 AM

SoumyaHD said:
david cassar said:
for 720p even an hd 7770 will max out your games. If you where to upgrade to a 1080p monitor the minimum would be an hd 7790 or a gtx 650 ti. If you are willing to spend more get the hd 7850 or a gtx 650 ti boost.

Can AMD Radeon HD 6670 supports 1080p resolution in modern gaming eg. Star Trek 2013

At 1080p, I doubt it. Atleast not above low settings.

m
0
l
April 28, 2013 9:57:36 PM

SoumyaHD said:

Can AMD Radeon HD 6670 supports 1080p resolution in modern gaming eg. Star Trek 2013


Star Trek is stone age gaming, not modern gaming. Not only it looks like crap, but it is crap. If you are paying for you games, it makes me wander, why can't you just get a good GPU instead a budget one, if you can afford to spend a ton of money on shitty games like Star Trek.
m
0
l
April 29, 2013 2:04:41 AM

rmpumper said:
SoumyaHD said:

Can AMD Radeon HD 6670 supports 1080p resolution in modern gaming eg. Star Trek 2013


Star Trek is stone age gaming, not modern gaming. Not only it looks like crap, but it is crap. If you are paying for you games, it makes me wander, why can't you just get a good GPU instead a budget one, if you can afford to spend a ton of money on shitty games like Star Trek.


Then which games are very cool and sophisticated ?? Crysis 3 or Dead Space 3 ??
m
0
l
!