$1500 First gaming build

G

Id like to buy this by the middle of August
I want to keep it contained to $1500 but i can push it up to $2000 + a bit if necessary.
Gaming is mainly what i have planned for it with video editing in the future
I need a monitor capable of Fps' and the likes so my tv wont cut it. Im thinking 23"-27", 120hz, 1080p. Do you have any suggestions?
Ill need an OS and windows 7 is still my preferred system
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg is the only place ive really looked. Slightly overwhelmed at the amount of stores with discounts, rebates etc so i just picked one.
Since i have barely any sense in what works with what in a pc, i have no preference to intel or nvidia. Just ones that work and work well

Overclocking: Hoping to not have to worry about this to begin with but i also want to be able to squeeze more out if needed. The thing is i have no idea how to (YET) and to be honest building my first PC is enough to learn for now.

SLI or Crossfire: Yes but only for future upgrades. I figure a better single graphics card with the option to put another in later (when the price drops) is more than likely going to extend my PC's life span than purchasing 2 straight away.
The HAF X or the NZXT phantom 410 cases are my top choices.
Id really like to not have it water cooled yet, the thought rattles my brain and my budget. I really appreciate the help

thasan1

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
well GTX 680 is good but i think Radeon 7970 Ghz edition is better. and as for the CPU, if you want core i5 with overclocking then i5-3570K is the one you need.and you dont need 2 SSD's. 1 should be enough. you won't see any frame rate improvments over a SSD. and which cooler will you use to cool your CPU because your gonna need one if your gonna OC.