Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need help with parts please!

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 28, 2013 4:41:09 PM

I have picked out these parts as I am planing to build a computer (Duh). I would like it if someone would check and see if their compatible. Here's the links.

Case: http://goo.gl/UPHfF
GPU: http://goo.gl/FIVMQ
CPU: http://goo.gl/4Ko9W
Optical Drive: http://goo.gl/4E9xs
RAM: http://goo.gl/zpUuE
Power Supply: http://goo.gl/2AdS5
HDD: http://goo.gl/NIXCX
Motherboard: http://goo.gl/7lXYS
Thanks!
I starting to learn about Hardware, I am a 14 yo computer software designer, just letting ya know.
*Any parts left out are the ones I have.
~Lee360TheCoder

More about : parts

April 28, 2013 4:46:04 PM

If you are looking to game, this is all wrong.
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 4:50:20 PM

tiny voices said:
If you are looking to game, this is all wrong.


May I ask why? That is what I was planing.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

April 28, 2013 4:52:49 PM

You don't need an i7. It is identical to an i5 in gaming.

8gb RAM is all that is needed for gaming.

That GPU is WEAK. Look at the hd7870 for high settings in modern games.

That PSU is overkill. 550w would be more than enough.

You want an h77 motherboard.

that is a laptop HDD





Share
April 28, 2013 4:54:54 PM

tiny voices said:
You don't need an i7. It is identical to an i5 in gaming.

8gb RAM is all that is needed for gaming.

That GPU is WEAK. Look at the hd7870 for high settings in modern games.

That PSU is overkill. 550w would be more than enough.

You want an h77 motherboard.

that is a laptop HDD







Damn... I screwed up.
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 4:55:32 PM

tiny voices said:
You want an h77 motherboard.


With you all the way until that. Wouldn't a Z77 be more optimal for a 3570k?

Edit: Or are we assuming that he'd go with a i5 3350p?
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 4:56:06 PM

Not a problem. Always good to learn!
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 4:57:03 PM

Jack Revenant said:
tiny voices said:
You want an h77 motherboard.


With you all the way until that. Wouldn't a Z77 be more optimal for a 3570k?



He didn't have a k series CPU so I figured he wasn't planning to overclock. In this case an h77 board is great. If he gets a k series CPU and wants to overclock it, a z77 board is needed.
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 4:57:58 PM

tiny voices said:
Jack Revenant said:
tiny voices said:
You want an h77 motherboard.


With you all the way until that. Wouldn't a Z77 be more optimal for a 3570k?



He didn't have a k series CPU so I figured he wasn't planning to overclock. In this case an h77 board is great. If he gets a k series CPU and wants to overclock it, a z77 board is needed.


Ah. Gotcha. My apologies. I read "i5" and immediately assumed 3570k.
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 5:03:07 PM

Um, sorry to ask but could you (TinyVoices) pick out some parts for me. :pt1cable: 
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 5:04:14 PM

What is your budget?
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 5:09:14 PM

tiny voices said:
What is your budget?

I'm planing to build part by part, so not like buying the whole thing at one time. Around $635.

m
0
l
April 28, 2013 5:10:52 PM

It makes more sense to wait until you have all the money at one time. New deals will show up and parts will get older if you do it over time. Its not really a good idea. Is $635 the total amount you want to spend.
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 7:47:01 PM

tiny voices said:
It makes more sense to wait until you have all the money at one time. New deals will show up and parts will get older if you do it over time. Its not really a good idea. Is $635 the total amount you want to spend.

I guess, but I could always get more.
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 7:50:38 PM

tiny voices said:
It makes more sense to wait until you have all the money at one time. New deals will show up and parts will get older if you do it over time. Its not really a good idea. Is $635 the total amount you want to spend.


Oh yeah, you seem pretty smart man. Just asking but do you Xbox LIVE gamertag?
m
0
l
April 28, 2013 7:52:14 PM

I don't have xbox live gold. My xbox isn't even hooked up anymore.
m
0
l
April 29, 2013 6:52:53 PM

tiny voices said:
I don't have xbox live gold. My xbox isn't even hooked up anymore.


Oh, that sucks :\ Either way thanks.
m
0
l
!