Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GA-M68MT-S2 motherboard sound card compability

Last response: in Components
Share
April 29, 2013 3:02:52 AM

hi all.ive pc with gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2 motherboard and looking to upgrade sound card if its available but dont know what sort of /type and connection are available to be installed.what should i look up for (ebay) what type??budget is arround 50-70 pounds..thx
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2013 3:41:37 AM

More info! Do you need 5.1 or event 7.1? Recording? Games-Features? Speakers, AV receiver or headphone? Which slots are available on your mobo (and not blocked by the graphics card)?
April 29, 2013 4:47:33 AM

noidea_77 said:
More info! Do you need 5.1 or event 7.1? Recording? Games-Features? Speakers, AV receiver or headphone? Which slots are available on your mobo (and not blocked by the graphics card)?


well 5.1 is fine.not recording.ive av reciecer(sony str795) built my own tower speakers.built sub and now im ready for an upgrade in my pc...ive first slot(closer to processor)uses by my video card.and now there is two slots left.1 short and 1 bigger below it(seems like grapfics card slot) ive 600w psu(cooler master) and 1gb video card and if i running my old ddr2 gtx 295 g card my sound disapears sometimes and states dat no dvivers found!!if i restart it it would come on again insome time...but it never uses to happen with my ddr5 1gb card untill i reinstall it few days ago and fault came up last night..now just if i install sound card it might be fine so its wort a try
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2013 5:16:10 AM

Your board has 2 x PCI Express x1 slot (one hidden by the graphics card) and one 1 x PCI slot (the big one). Look for a PCI-E x1 card, because PCI is outdated. Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio for example.
In addition, check if your default playback device is properly set in control panel / sound. The missing driver might in fact be the one for the hdmi of your graphics card.
April 29, 2013 10:21:04 AM

noidea_77 said:
Your board has 2 x PCI Express x1 slot (one hidden by the graphics card) and one 1 x PCI slot (the big one). Look for a PCI-E x1 card, because PCI is outdated. Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio for example.
In addition, check if your default playback device is properly set in control panel / sound. The missing driver might in fact be the one for the hdmi of your graphics card.


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Creative-Soundblaster-Recon3D...

something like theese above??
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2013 11:21:43 AM

dan7uk said:
noidea_77 said:
Your board has 2 x PCI Express x1 slot (one hidden by the graphics card) and one 1 x PCI slot (the big one). Look for a PCI-E x1 card, because PCI is outdated. Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio for example.
In addition, check if your default playback device is properly set in control panel / sound. The missing driver might in fact be the one for the hdmi of your graphics card.


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Creative-Soundblaster-Recon3D...

something like theese above??

Yes, but i don't like the "system builder editions" without driver DVD.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Soundblaster-Recon3D-F...
!