Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

First Ever Gaming PC Build ( NEED HELP... :( )

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 30, 2013 6:08:47 AM

Hi guys. This is my first time getting a custom built gaming pc. I'm not a heavy gamer. (Goal: [Moderate] Gaming, Photo And Video Editing) I already have choice of components (my friend helped me) and I just want to make sure if these parts are compatible. There are some areas that I havent decided on like (optical drive) because Im not sure about what to get. Here's the link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TYtP

I live in brampton ontario, canada.
Im thinking of buying the parts at NCIX and make them assemble the system because I dont want to screw things up and for warranty purposes. My budget is like 1000$ CAD just for the system. ill just get the monitor and OS afterwards. Thanks guys and sorry for the long post. :) 

More about : gaming build

April 30, 2013 6:15:56 AM

First off, pcpartpicker.com verifies compatibility for you, so you are good there.

Second off, if you are going to be doing some video editing and encoding, you may want to save a little more money and get an i7 processor instead of the i5. i5 is awesome for gaming, but i7 knocks it out of the park for video editing.

Lastly, you may want to also get an SSD for editing as well. The faster your drive can access the file you are modifying, the faster you will be able to do what you want with them. The way I have my computer set up is with a SSD for my OS, a second, 90GB SSD for video encoding and editing, then a large storage hard drive. You would be shocked how much an SSD makes a difference. Anyway, it may not be in your budget, but its something to consider.
m
0
l
April 30, 2013 6:25:31 AM

Not bad, will change / recommend the following:

CPU - upgrade to a 3570k. The K version allow you to overclock with insane results
CPU Cooler - add an aftermarket cooler, something like the Coolermaster H212 to keep your CPU under control when overclocking
Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-V LK or AsRock Extreme 3/4. These boards offer a bit more features and more suitable for basic overclocking.

The rest is good. Have a look around for combo deals were you can save a bit of money.

[EDIT] You can also look at AMD FX-8350 system. Recent benchmarks shows the 8350 & 3570k running head to head and some video/photo editing programs do like the 8 cores of the AMD
m
0
l
Related resources
April 30, 2013 6:45:57 AM

zander1983 said:
Not bad, will change / recommend the following:

CPU - upgrade to a 3570k. The K version allow you to overclock with insane results
CPU Cooler - add an aftermarket cooler, something like the Coolermaster H212 to keep your CPU under control when overclocking
Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-V LK or AsRock Extreme 3/4. These boards offer a bit more features and more suitable for basic overclocking.

The rest is good. Have a look around for combo deals were you can save a bit of money.

[EDIT] You can also look at AMD FX-8350 system. Recent benchmarks shows the 8350 & 3570k running head to head and some video/photo editing programs do like the 8 cores of the AMD


If i change the motherboard from the Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP which is a MICRO ATX to your recommended ASUS P8Z77-V LK which is an ATX, does it have any problems with the compatibility to the other components like the case etc...
m
0
l
April 30, 2013 7:00:26 AM

No. Basically micro-ATX or mATX is slighly smaller then ATX.
Your case, the NZXT 410, does support ATX and smaller boards, so no issues there.
m
0
l
April 30, 2013 7:28:30 AM

zander1983 said:
No. Basically micro-ATX or mATX is slighly smaller then ATX.
Your case, the NZXT 410, does support ATX and smaller boards, so no issues there.


This is the updated parts. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/U1Bh
I want to change the case because its a bit pricey...
m
0
l
April 30, 2013 7:00:27 PM

The case is really good and a great deal with that rebate. Something else you might look at is the Corsair 300R
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
April 30, 2013 7:19:50 PM

I'd say go for a 600w, but seasonic is one of the best makes you can get.

I would get a Western Digital Black Caviar instead of the seagate as they are more reliable.

Corsairs CX series isn't the best but it is passable.

Good Luck!!
m
0
l
April 30, 2013 7:40:36 PM

zander1983 said:
The case is really good and a great deal with that rebate. Something else you might look at is the Corsair 300R


I know man but Im getting all my parts at NCIX.com,which has no rebate on that case, because I'm not sure if NCIX would assemble my system if i bought my parts from other stores. Any experience with NCIX?

I just learned that NCIX.com has a price match option where they will match other stores with the lowest price possible.
m
0
l
May 1, 2013 12:14:47 AM

anklebiter said:

I know man but Im getting all my parts at NCIX.com,which has no rebate on that case, because I'm not sure if NCIX would assemble my system if i bought my parts from other stores. Any experience with NCIX?

I just learned that NCIX.com has a price match option where they will match other stores with the lowest price possible.


Only experience I have with NCIX is is from Youtube LinusTechTips and NCIXcom :) 
http://www.youtube.com/user/NCIXcom

Best is to give them a call or email and see what they can offer.
m
0
l
!