Im currently repairing this laptop but this is the first time ive encountered something like this.
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
CPU: Pentium T4100M 2.0Ghz
Ram: samsung PC3-8500 2 GB
VGA: Intel GMA 4500
1) The Laptop only shuts down during normal boot.
2) Works Completely fine during Safe Mode.
3) Using Hiren's BCD i ran memtest and windows memory diagnostic to check if the ram was faulty and it wasn't the ram.
4) Tried to boot Hirens Mini Windows XP it wont boot though i dont know the reason why. Also Acronis Disc Wizard have the same problem wont boot at all.
5) Reformatted it to see what will happen Now it cant even finish the Windows 7 setup. It turns off automatically on starting services screen. After a couple of restarts though the installation finished. i thought everything was fine then it shut down again at the desktop, Here we go again (Step 1 and Step 2)
6) As a last resort ive Disassembled the laptop and cleaned it using compressed air yeah it was a bit dusty but the exhaust wasnt clogged. I also changed the thermal compund with artic Silver 5 just incase CPU and GPU overheating was the cause.
7) Now looking for help Ive done everything i can and still no progress
Note: in the BIOS there aren't any setting to adjust fan speed control ( i wanted to turn off smart fan controls)
Sometimes memory diagnostic software doesn't cut it. I've seen MemTest86 go through several passes without showing any failure, and only via removing the modules one by one was it determined that one or more modules were actually at fault.
Memory aside, it could also be the drive. Did you use Hiren's to check the SMART status as well (HD Sentinel)?