Solved

Sapphire Radeon HD7870 Ghz Edition V.S MSI GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr III

so i'm getting a new build and i now all the parts that i'm getting and that the monitor will be a 1920x1080 and i will be gaming,a lot. but as the title leads i can't really decide which one is better the nVidia is a little bit cheaper but as far as i know the Radeon overclocks better so what would You recommend for my intel i5 3570K gaming rig? even though i'm really an nVidia fan boy for some reason i'm leaning toward the radeon especially if it overclocks better.

Thank You for your help,

Joris
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sapphire radeon hd7870 ghz edition msi geforce gtx 660 twin frozr iii
  1. Get the HD 7870. i have
    amd fx 4100
    8gb ddr3 1600mhz
    coolermaster thunder 600w

    i'm getting 7870 in few days
  2. Meghraj Baria said:
    Get the HD 7870. i have
    amd fx 4100
    8gb ddr3 1600mhz
    coolermaster thunder 600w

    i'm getting 7870 in few days

    so basically You are telling me to get the 7870 just cause You are getting it? can You please
    say why did You choose it at least?
  3. Best answer
    Ok.
    Sapphire HD 7870 has 2gb ddr with 5000mhz memory clock. It has a clock speed of 1050Mhz that is about 1Ghz. It features CrossFire™ technoogy and it comes with that crossfire cable too. It has a very good perfomance with any system and is a mid range graphics card for those who have good gaming experience and may wish to get more out of their PC. Here are the proof:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C_JpdXgQf4

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dwpFSD3Zak

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XbtsTCiato

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aAK1cY8_Y

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfywUgGfN8s

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFrLI4BjXO8

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq93-mDE4JY

    Crysis 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9mrYko0SIo

    all video have ur cpu and graphics card is hd 7870.

    :)
  4. I'll recommend u this one but its out of stock:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102983
  5. Meghraj Baria said:
    Ok.
    Sapphire HD 7870 has 2gb ddr with 5000mhz memory clock. It has a clock speed of 1050Mhz that is about 1Ghz. It features CrossFire™ technoogy and it comes with that crossfire cable too. It has a very good perfomance with any system and is a mid range graphics card for those who have good gaming experience and may wish to get more out of their PC. Here are the proof:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C_JpdXgQf4
    well Your right but when u think of it the GTX660 has all the same the memory speed is 6000Mhz the core speed is almost identical it support's SLI and it's almost the same in performance,so the question remains...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dwpFSD3Zak

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XbtsTCiato

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aAK1cY8_Y

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfywUgGfN8s

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFrLI4BjXO8

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq93-mDE4JY

    Crysis 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9mrYko0SIo

    all video have ur cpu and graphics card is hd 7870.

    :)
  6. Meghraj Baria said:
    I'll recommend u this one but its out of stock:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102983

    sorry i'm not in america newegg doesn't work here..
  7. which country are u from dude
  8. and besides i was just telling u which to buy im not from america too i'm from india than also everyone gives me newegg link as it is the king of computer market
  9. Meghraj Baria said:
    and besides i was just telling u which to buy im not from america too i'm from india than also everyone gives me newegg link as it is the king of computer market


    I`m from Lithuania
  10. Well as far ad I can see it`s really more up to what you like the most nVidia or the ATI performance wise it isn't really much of a difference.


    Don't...

    Bump posts


    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
  11. If you can get the 7870xt or 7870myst (the Tahiti LEs) it's a way better overclocker, and has gone on sale several times for around $170 usd.
    I'd say get the Sapphire 7870xt since it has the dual cooler and these cards get hot if you do decide to go that route.
    The newest drivers are more optimized for these cards as well so benchmarks are irrelevant, just like the majority of ATI reviews are since the newest driver release a few weeks ago.

    The 7950 has now dropped in price so much making it the official bang for the buck card here in the USA at the moment.

    I own a Sapphire 7870ghz (which is out for RMA), a PowerColor 7870myst and PowerColor 7950s. It's about a 10% increase in performance from one card to the next in the order I listed them when overclocked.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sapphire Geforce Graphics Gtx Radeon MSI-Microstar