Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New Build Wont POST help!!

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 1, 2013 4:12:36 PM

CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS5X Performa CPU Cooler ($13.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($69.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Reused Corsair dominator 3x2GB 1600
Hard Drive: Reused Barracuda 7200.10
CD Drive: Reused Lightscribe model
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Green 380W 80 PLUS Bronze Ce
rtified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($48.98 @ Newegg)

I just finished installing everything and the system
A) turns on as soon as it has been plugged in.
B) does not post!!! the Fans start spinning and things light up... but theres nothing else!

More about : build wont post

a c 150 à CPUs
May 1, 2013 4:14:31 PM

Is there a beep? Just no display?
m
0
l
May 1, 2013 4:16:25 PM

check to make sure all your cables are connected. and hope your mobo isnt dead? sorry cant help much more than that :( .
m
0
l
Related resources
May 1, 2013 4:18:23 PM

there's no beep. if the mobo was dead would everything else turn on like that??
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 150 à CPUs
May 1, 2013 4:22:31 PM

Is the CPU seated correctly with no bent pins?

We have a list for this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

Its long and thorough.
Share
May 1, 2013 4:24:18 PM

it's absolutely seated properly... if you have to apply force, you're doing it wrong
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2013 4:24:37 PM

Is the motherboard 8 pin connector plugged in as well as the 24 pin @ the mobo?
m
0
l
May 1, 2013 4:30:48 PM

Cushuito said:
there's no beep. if the mobo was dead would everything else turn on like that??


Do you have an internal speaker hooked up to receive POST codes? Some cases don't come with the speaker these days, and not all motherboards include a speaker or error-code LEDs. Are you absolutely sure that all of your fans spin? What does the screen do? Does it remain in standby mode, or does it turn 'on' but remain blank?
m
0
l
May 1, 2013 4:35:59 PM

tiny voices said:
Is the CPU seated correctly with no bent pins?

We have a list for this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

Its long and thorough.


I have never loved anyone more... in my frustration and newbieness I mistakenly thought i did step 2 but actually tied it up w/ my other unused cables. I am now at the uefi bios config screen and couldn't be happier.

Ahhh, seriously if i would have just taken a moment to double check everything from square one i never would have needed to post this. anyways, if anything else happens ill let you guys know!

ahh i feel so stupid, and i know this post barely makes sense... but i'm so elated i can barely type (legitimately high on the fact that my mobo isn't just doa)
m
0
l
May 1, 2013 4:39:25 PM

Cushuito said:
I have never loved anyone more... in my frustration and newbieness I mistakenly thought i did step 2 but actually tied it up w/ my other unused cables. I am now at the uefi bios config screen and couldn't be happier.

Ahhh, seriously if i would have just taken a moment to double check everything from square one i never would have needed to post this. anyways, if anything else happens ill let you guys know!

ahh i feel so stupid, and i know this post barely makes sense... but i'm so elated i can barely type (legitimately high on the fact that my mobo isn't just doa)


Heh, glad to hear it, man. Happy computing :) 
m
0
l
!