Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Soundmax driver for integrated sound card

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
May 1, 2013 9:15:47 PM

I accidentally deleted my sound card driver. Tried restoring to previous date but to no avail. Found mass confusion and bloatware seeking web help
Motherboard ID:
63-0100-001131-00101111-071607-SiS761GX$0000_RELEASE 07/16/2007
CPU: AMD Sempron 3000+
May 2, 2013 9:02:03 AM


I forgot to mention that I have a 32bit OS (Windows XP Pro) and in my various skirmishes with internet links I found that as my sound card is integrated into the motherboard, the chipset and release date seems to be a critical factor when selecting the correct driver. I dont think 'Emerald's solution is valid, but thank you..
m
0
l
Related resources
May 2, 2013 9:28:31 AM

You need to go to the motherboard manufacturer website and download the drivers required.
m
0
l
May 6, 2013 9:09:03 AM

TenPc said:
You need to go to the motherboard manufacturer website and download the drivers required.


Great suggestion but I seem to have had a problem with this Elitegroup webpage and found I could not get it to accept data that it seemed to require. Their input information request was very specific and it would not accept my 5/6 year old motherboard/chipset data. I could find no other way to contact anyone at ECS. I will keep trying...
m
0
l
May 6, 2013 11:10:12 AM

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Model....

What more information can you provide about the motherboard, the ID number shows the chipset as being SiS761GX which is the onboard video

What other numbers are there on the motherboard that might identify it like "ECS 462ddxyz", for example

I've actually got the same problem with a Sony Vaio notebook, the only soundmax driver (version 4) that is available is from a site in Poland, written in Polish!

Okay, I've found a site that has your driver, it's 17.45mb -
http://www.driversdown.com/drivers/14372.shtml


edit - the audio is sometimes combined with the video chipset driver so you'd need to download the file and install it.
m
0
l
May 6, 2013 6:44:48 PM

TenPc said:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Model....

What more information can you provide about the motherboard, the ID number shows the chipset as being SiS761GX which is the onboard video

What other numbers are there on the motherboard that might identify it like "ECS 462ddxyz", for example

I've actually got the same problem with a Sony Vaio notebook, the only soundmax driver (version 4) that is available is from a site in Poland, written in Polish!

Okay, I've found a site that has your driver, it's 17.45mb -
http://www.driversdown.com/drivers/14372.shtml


edit - the audio is sometimes combined with the video chipset driver so you'd need to download the file and install it.


This is the closest I have been able to get to this, thanks to you....
The ECS string from the motherboard name is: ECS GS7610 Ultra which appears to meet the criteria for the file you identified.
Note that I have a 32 bit OS on this computer, the link and file you directed me to seems to be 64 bit. I am not savvy enough to know if it will still work....
fyi,
Video Adapter info: SiS 330 Mirage Integrated
GPU Code Name: Mirage (SiS761) (Integrated 1039 / 6330, Rev 03)

Thanks again..
m
0
l
May 6, 2013 6:57:27 PM

It's not x64, you are confused about the text -
SiS SiS760/SiS761GX Driver UniVGA3 3.78 Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/XP x64
SiS SiS760/SiS761GX Driver UniVGA3 3.78 Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP & XP x64

There is no 64 bit Windows 98SE.
m
0
l
May 7, 2013 7:12:49 PM

TenPc said:
It's not x64, you are confused about the text -
SiS SiS760/SiS761GX Driver UniVGA3 3.78 Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/XP x64
SiS SiS760/SiS761GX Driver UniVGA3 3.78 Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP & XP x64

There is no 64 bit Windows 98SE.


I downloaded the driver, it does seem to be an svga driver from the filename, probably as you said, a combo driver..I will attempt to load it over the next couple of days and let you know the result..Thanks

m
0
l
May 8, 2013 9:54:52 PM

TenPc said:
It's not x64, you are confused about the text -
SiS SiS760/SiS761GX Driver UniVGA3 3.78 Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/XP x64
SiS SiS760/SiS761GX Driver UniVGA3 3.78 Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP & XP x64

There is no 64 bit Windows 98SE.


I installed the SIS driver for the display adaptor and it seemed to install, no error messages but no apparent change to the audio issues, also cannot play DVD using Windows media player (says missing codec). In looking though the filenames in the driver download there was nothing identifying any Soundmax files...Looks like I need a source for a Soundmax driver for this specific motherboard...
m
0
l
May 9, 2013 12:00:28 PM

Windows Media Player for any version before Windows 7 does not come with the DVD playback codec, you have to install a third party player like PowerDVD or VLC.

Windows 7 is the only OS that supports dvd playback for movies, not even Windows 8 supports it.
m
0
l
May 9, 2013 4:01:10 PM

TenPc said:
Windows Media Player for any version before Windows 7 does not come with the DVD playback codec, you have to install a third party player like PowerDVD or VLC.

Windows 7 is the only OS that supports dvd playback for movies, not even Windows 8 supports it.


m
0
l
May 9, 2013 4:09:57 PM

I installed VLC media player, DVD's now play but without sound.
There must still be some SoundMax file remnants remaining as the SoundMax speaker icon (has "no entry" roadsign overtop) in the tray, lower RH screen. Hovering over speaker icon displays error message "No SoundMax Audio present" "You cannot use Soundmax Control Panel"
Looking in Windows Device Manager there is yellow ? on "Other Devices" and sub category "Multi Media Audio Controller" and under properties "the drivers for this device are not installed (code 28) and auto driver install fails - can't find driver...Issue loop complete!
m
0
l
May 10, 2013 3:46:48 AM

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID...

It's just a matter of downloading various drivers until you find one that works.

ADI SoundMax 4.0 is the version mostly likely.

Here is a link that looks like your motherboard (or not) and might be the drivers you need, possibly (or not)
http://www.bioticaindia.com/adi-soundmax-ac97.html

You might be better off getting a better brand motherboard.

Something I found, just a BIOS update, but might not be a later version than what you have got -
ecs gs7610 ultra Bios Motherboard driver
http://www.bioticaindia.com/ecs-gs7610-ultra.html


Edit -
SoundMax 4.0 XL (it's for Intel motherboards but might work or not)
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/soundmax.htm
m
0
l
May 11, 2013 7:46:19 PM

I tried the Lenovo and Intel drivers but they would not install. The bioticindia.com site seems like a total scam..Lots of unwanted downloads under stated driver name but no Soundmax driver just bloatware and I think spyware...Fast coming to the conclusion this PC is ready for the dump..I do appreciate your input and it sure has been a learning exercize for me but obtaining driver files seems to be a black art....
m
0
l
May 12, 2013 8:55:29 AM

"obtaining drivers is a black art" surely so..
You might actually be able to acquire the drivers but you would need to pay for them. The fee is not much, about $10 (not sure) but you are then more likely to get the drivers. I never pay for my drivers, they should be for free.

www.driversguide.com
m
0
l
May 12, 2013 12:20:49 PM

AC97? Well, it's worth a try, you've tried everything else.

Thanks Emerald, we've been searching for days.. lol. The ECS site in Taiwan (manufacturer web site) had no files for this model for some reason, perhaps because it's pre 2002 motherboard.

@Kingskerswell - I've looked at the specs on the site and they seem to match what you got but you better go look for yourself.

Best Answer to Emerald!
m
0
l
!