Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gigabyte 670 vs EVGA FTW 670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 2, 2013 9:17:08 AM

I was wondering what gpu would be better for this build:

Corsair Carbide Series 400R

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB

MSI Z77A-G45 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-3570K

CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i

Western Digital WD Black 1TB

Thanks for reading :D 
May 2, 2013 9:22:03 AM

Whichever is cheaper they perform pretty much the same.
m
0
l
May 2, 2013 9:44:44 AM

Well, it simply is the same GPU, it just depends on what cooler you want or how you want the card to look, EVGA makes a spiffy looking card whereas usually gigabyte cards are more open and have more fans.. So if you want a cooler card you should go with the gigabyte one, but if ur more for looks, then go for the EVGA one :D 
m
0
l
Related resources
May 2, 2013 9:56:06 AM

As far as Nvidia I have had no problems with my Gigabyte GTX 670 it is $379 at Newegg. So far I really like it and seems to perform just as good as the EVGA my friend got at $409. I am running a SLI setup with to of them now and so far, only 4 months, every thing is good.
m
0
l
May 2, 2013 9:56:49 AM

flamehead269 said:
Well, it simply is the same GPU, it just depends on what cooler you want or how you want the card to look, EVGA makes a spiffy looking card whereas usually gigabyte cards are more open and have more fans.. So if you want a cooler card you should go with the gigabyte one, but if ur more for looks, then go for the EVGA one :D 


I heard the ftw comes fast as the 680 out of the box
m
0
l
May 2, 2013 9:57:42 AM

SprinkleOwnz said:
flamehead269 said:
Well, it simply is the same GPU, it just depends on what cooler you want or how you want the card to look, EVGA makes a spiffy looking card whereas usually gigabyte cards are more open and have more fans.. So if you want a cooler card you should go with the gigabyte one, but if ur more for looks, then go for the EVGA one :D 


I heard the ftw comes fast as the 680 out of the box


Yeah if you get some type of superclocked version of it then sure..

m
0
l

Best solution

May 2, 2013 10:05:54 AM

EVGA’s GTX 670 FTW used reference cooling, the trick is that this is reference GTX 680’s cooling. In fact, EVGA also took the reference GTX 680’s PCB as well.GIGABYTE's GTX 670 Windforce OC is a premium GTX 670 implementation. The card uses the exact same PCB as the NVIDIA reference design GTX 680, paired with GIGABYTE's own cooling solution. GIGABYTE has increased clocks of their card by a large amount to exploit their custom design as much as possible.That why i say they perform pretty much the same both use uses the exact same PCB as the NVIDIA reference design GTX 680 lol.The only difference is their cooling and factory overclock.
Share
May 2, 2013 11:46:51 AM

bigcyco1 said:
EVGA’s GTX 670 FTW used reference cooling, the trick is that this is reference GTX 680’s cooling. In fact, EVGA also took the reference GTX 680’s PCB as well.GIGABYTE's GTX 670 Windforce OC is a premium GTX 670 implementation. The card uses the exact same PCB as the NVIDIA reference design GTX 680, paired with GIGABYTE's own cooling solution. GIGABYTE has increased clocks of their card by a large amount to exploit their custom design as much as possible.That why i say they perform pretty much the same both use uses the exact same PCB as the NVIDIA reference design GTX 680 lol.The only difference is their cooling and factory overclock.


So then the gigabyte would be better since it runs cooler?
m
0
l
May 3, 2013 12:56:05 PM

SprinkleOwnz said:
bigcyco1 said:
EVGA’s GTX 670 FTW used reference cooling, the trick is that this is reference GTX 680’s cooling. In fact, EVGA also took the reference GTX 680’s PCB as well.GIGABYTE's GTX 670 Windforce OC is a premium GTX 670 implementation. The card uses the exact same PCB as the NVIDIA reference design GTX 680, paired with GIGABYTE's own cooling solution. GIGABYTE has increased clocks of their card by a large amount to exploit their custom design as much as possible.That why i say they perform pretty much the same both use uses the exact same PCB as the NVIDIA reference design GTX 680 lol.The only difference is their cooling and factory overclock.


So then the gigabyte would be better since it runs cooler?
Yes i guess so.:) 

m
0
l
!