MSI 7950 vs Gigabyte 7950

I'm building a gaming computer to play games such as Shogun 2 Total War, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, and other games. I also will use this computer to bitcoin mine. I might overclock the GPU, and am wondering if which GPU is better, the MSI 7950 or the Gigabyte 7950?
My system specs are:
i5 3570k
Asus Maximus V Gene
8 gig ram
Fractal Design Mini Silent
500 gb HDD
8 answers Last reply
More about msi 7950 gigabyte 7950
  1. well they both are good.gigabyte will have much better cooling.get any of them
  2. Ok thanks!
  3. Which is better for overclocking? I heard that the gigabyte has a locked voltage so how does that affect overclocking?
  4. locked voltage means lower overclocks.
  5. edward415 said:
    Which is better for overclocking? I heard that the gigabyte has a locked voltage so how does that affect overclocking?



    My MSI 7950 twin frozr 3 does 1200mhz core @ 1.119mv.

    Of course I have the 8 + 6 power connectors with the 7970 pcb board, chances are you will probably not get this version though.

    If you could physically check, and could verify the 7970 pcb I would go with the MSI hands down.
  6. Ok thanks!
  7. maxalge said:
    edward415 said:
    Which is better for overclocking? I heard that the gigabyte has a locked voltage so how does that affect overclocking?



    My MSI 7950 twin frozr 3 does 1200mhz core @ 1.119mv.

    Of course I have the 8 + 6 power connectors with the 7970 pcb board, chances are you will probably not get this version though.

    If you could physically check, and could verify the 7970 pcb I would go with the MSI hands down.

    I think Amazon is now selling the 7970 pcb version so I think I am going to go with that one. How is the noise level on the card?


  8. edward415 said:
    maxalge said:
    edward415 said:
    Which is better for overclocking? I heard that the gigabyte has a locked voltage so how does that affect overclocking?



    My MSI 7950 twin frozr 3 does 1200mhz core @ 1.119mv.

    Of course I have the 8 + 6 power connectors with the 7970 pcb board, chances are you will probably not get this version though.

    If you could physically check, and could verify the 7970 pcb I would go with the MSI hands down.

    I think Amazon is now selling the 7970 pcb version so I think I am going to go with that one. How is the noise level on the card?







    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlTnKpMhU9E

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDbxozsXjz8
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Games Gigabyte Graphics MSI-Microstar