I just received a new replacement for an RMAd motherboard but now when I turn on the PC, the monitor immediately goes into power saving mode and switches to an amber/yellow light while the kb&m remain off.
The monitor, kb & mouse work fine on another computer.
Things I tried:
- Resetting the CMOS by removing the battery and putting it back in.
- Unplugging all the wires connected to the PSU, using a can of compressed air to dust off the inside, then reconnecting the wires.
- Using different cables.
- Turning it on w/ only one gpu and one ram stick inside
- Completely reassembling PC
- verifying CPU position and thermal paste
- checking if wires are plugged in right
windows 7 64 bit
16 gb DDR3 ram
intel core i7 3770K
x2 nvidia evga 670 GTX
Look at the mb ser number label they may have sent you a mb with an old bios. I would pull the gpu and then use if your mb has it the asus USB flash back. Also check that your 4/8 pin atx power plug is in tight. If the mb bios is up to date. See if a friend has a power supply you can use. A lot of times the power good line will drop below atx spec. It cause the CPU not to post but the other stuff like led and fans will work.
Ok so thanks to smorizio it finally works... I followed the suggestion to update the bios via usb flashback and now the monitor is on and plugged to the onboard hdmi port and the kb&m are being recognized