Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New CPU no display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 4, 2013 1:09:17 AM

I bought a new CPU - Amd Athlon II X4 651k for my MSI A55-P33 board. I was initially using an A6-3600 processor in dual graphics with my XFX 6570. So I switched out the processor and no display. I immediately put my old processor in and it displayed perfectly. I unchecked dual graphics and shut down the PC. So again powered up and no display at all. The cables are plugged into the gpu as well. What could be causing the problem. There's no problems with any other components as the only time this happens is when I'm plugging in my new X4. Any ideas?

More about : cpu display

Best solution

a c 188 à CPUs
May 4, 2013 1:14:05 AM

Did you make sure your mb bios was up todate and had the newest CPU code to post the new CPU. Did you check the mb qal list to see if the new CPU was on it.
Share
a c 145 à CPUs
May 4, 2013 1:15:26 AM

Do clarify, you mean the display is connected to the addon GRAPHICS CARD?

If so, is there a MOTHERBOARD BIOS setting that is set to boot to onboard/iGPU graphics instead of the dedicated card?

Your A6 was an APU I believe and comprised a CPU/GPU so you had the GPU element in Crossfire with a dedicated card.

The CPU you switched likely has no GPU.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 145 à CPUs
May 4, 2013 1:19:44 AM

smorizio said:
Did you make sure your mb bios was up todate and had the newest CPU code to post the new CPU. Did you check the mb qal list to see if the new CPU was on it.


*I only found the "A55M-P33" mentioned (not "A55-P33") so I'm not sure if the following is correct but I linked anyway:
He requires this BIOS for that CPU:
7786 v1.0 (or later; latest is 2.0)

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/A55M-P33.html#/?div=BIOS
m
0
l
May 4, 2013 1:23:57 AM

I'm currently updating the Bios. I literally had no idea I would have too. I hope it works! I've been working on this literally for 12 hours and tried every other solution and build another computer out of spare parts with the the same model MOBO to no avail.
m
0
l
a c 145 à CPUs
May 4, 2013 1:28:04 AM

Jackel231 said:
I'm currently updating the Bios. I literally had no idea I would have too. I hope it works! I've been working on this literally for 12 hours and tried every other solution and build another computer out of spare parts with the the same model MOBO to no avail.


Please note I UPDATED my above post ("M" versus non-M).

If there's no BIOS setting issue for GPU (probably not as you only have one now) it sounds like your CPU is either inserted incorrectly or is defective.

Since the PC already worked I don't know what else to suggest.

*I assume you still have the CPU 4-pin power cable hooked up.
m
0
l
May 4, 2013 1:28:34 AM

IT"S WORKING!!! You all deserve a big piece of bacon handed to you by hundreds of females in bikini's. I appreciate everyone's help :D 
m
0
l
a c 145 à CPUs
May 4, 2013 2:00:45 AM

Jackel231 said:
IT"S WORKING!!! You all deserve a big piece of bacon handed to you by hundreds of females in bikini's. I appreciate everyone's help :D 


Mind stating the solution?
m
0
l
!