Solved

Computer turns off randomly?

i7 3770k stock
8gb ram corsair vengance 1600mhz
corsair cx 600 wat
amd 7970
asrock z77 extreme 4
500gb hdd seagate 7.2k
rpm

i was watching videos and out of no where computer just shuts off and i have to power it up again, happens to me once when i was playing a game.
rarely happens though

i tested prime95 cpu is fine and gpu as well
any idea what could be causing this?

temps during idle or low usage are 30,30,32,35 frrom core itemp
and gpu idle at 32c

after it turns off i could turn the pc back on immediately
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer turns randomly
  1. Are the fans spinning on both the cpu and gpu? Are you sure that nothing is overheating?
  2. elfmaslana said:
    Are the fans spinning on both the cpu and gpu? Are you sure that nothing is overheating?


    yea they are spinning, i checked temps and they are fine
    just built this pc like 1 week or 2
  3. Well what are the temperatures of the cpu and gpu during gaming.
  4. elfmaslana said:
    Well what are the temperatures of the cpu and gpu during gaming.


    low 50s and mid 50s for the cpu and 58c for the gpu
  5. Do you get any error at all when you boot up your pc after it shuts down ?
  6. elfmaslana said:
    Do you get any error at all when you boot up your pc after it shuts down ?


    it says windows recovering from a shutdown
    then ask if i wanan start windows normally and other options
  7. The only thing that I can conclude is that its your psu but im not sure off to really assume that. How long has this problem been occurring since you first began gaming ( if that is when it first began).
  8. elfmaslana said:
    The only thing that I can conclude is that its your psu but im not sure off to really assume that. How long has this problem been occurring since you first began gaming ( if that is when it first began).

    started about yesterday
    just loaded left 4 dead 2 when in game then entire comps shuts of
    then i booted it up and i hear beeps then 10 secs later i could boot up


    EDIT- now it seems to be running fine
    seems like it runs great then bad i think not sure though
    hopefully its not my gpu or cpu i dont want to get new parts
  9. Can you describe the sequence of beeps heard?
  10. elfmaslana said:
    Can you describe the sequence of beeps heard?


    think it was like 2 beeps
    one pause after the first

    do u think i should swap out hte psu?
    i have this one atm http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028&Tpk=corsair%20cx%20600&IsVirtualParent=1
  11. I have the same power supply in my new build , havent gotten to gaming yet just installed windows 7. But i'm not too sure what the problem is . Based off my knowledge I can only recommend these steps to you .

    1. Click Start and Open the Control Panel
    2. Go to System and Maintenance, Click on System.
    3. Select Advanced System Settings and choose Advance tab.
    4. Under Startup and Recovery, click on Settings.
    5. Under System failure uncheck Automatically restart.
  12. elfmaslana said:
    I have the same power supply in my new build , havent gotten to gaming yet just installed windows 7. But i'm not too sure what the problem is . Based off my knowledge I can only recommend these steps to you .

    1. Click Start and Open the Control Panel
    2. Go to System and Maintenance, Click on System.
    3. Select Advanced System Settings and choose Advance tab.
    4. Under Startup and Recovery, click on Settings.
    5. Under System failure uncheck Automatically restart.


    ok ill reply back if anything
    thanks for ur quick replies and help much appreciated
  13. No problem I guess , lol
  14. just shut off on me and i had to turn the psu switch off and on to power up
    anyone got any ideas
  15. anyone think it could be the ram?
  16. Best answer
    Well thats what I was leaning towards based off of the beep codes but I wasn't too sure , and i'm still not... But if you're capable of testing some other ram or testing it in another person ... give it a go.
  17. yea im gong to buy new ram and test it out hopefully its good
    if not ill swap the psu and then if none work then idk =/
  18. elfmaslana said:
    Well thats what I was leaning towards based off of the beep codes but I wasn't too sure , and i'm still not... But if you're capable of testing some other ram or testing it in another person ... give it a go.


    i set my ram auto to auto instead of default and i tihnk that might have fixed it
    if not ill swap and ill give ut he best solution since u only replied and helped thanks
  19. Thanks , feel free to reply back with results , not satisfied unless your issues solved completely.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Systems Corsair