670 FTW in SLI while using 3 monitor (NOT surround).

Cuzzin Chizzy

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
Is it possible to use three monitors on a 670FTW SLI setup?
I only want to use the monitors for an extended desktop configuration, NOT surround gamimg.

I currently have one 670 FTW and am about to purchase a second for SLI. I currently have a 2 monitor setup now, where I use an old Dell 19" E193FP for my computing and switch over to my Sony 32EX710 HDTV for playing my games. I'm currently using Display Fusion for monitor management.

What I want to do, is buy 2 ASUS VG248QE 144Hz monitors and replace the Dell with one, while having the other above my Yamaha synth to use for extra screen space when recording.

I am NOT trying to set up 3 monitor surround for gaming.

I want to

1. Use a single 144hz Asus for gaming on a single monitor in 3d.

2. Use 2x Asus 144hz monitors for extended desktop for surfing/recording.

3. Keep my Sony TV also hooked up to watch movies and play some games on.

I don't need to ever have it switched to all three monitors at once, only two on at any one time. Can I set this up using a Display Fusion multiple monitor configuration? All three display would be 1080p but I believe the Sony refresh rate is 60hz. Just wanted to know if it's possible before I order all this stuff.

Yes it is possible and you do not need to use Display Fusion to do it ether. The GTX 670 will support up to 4 monitors at once or 3x Surround + 1. Plus if you are only gaming on one 1080p monitor then a SLI setup is not really going to do you much good. There is more than enough power with a GTX 670 to handle gaming at 1080p on max/ultra setting with a single GTX670. Unless I am using Surround at 5760x1080 in games my SLI setup is using only about 34-40% on each card making it kinda poinless in that low of resolution. But never the less it would work for what you want and as I said you would not need any extra software like Display Fusion to do it.

Cuzzin Chizzy

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012

The reason why I wanted to get another 670ftw was for highest possible framerate in all games max at 120hz and for 3d. I read somewhere that if you have two cards and sli enabled that you wouldn't be able to have all three displays on a desktop mode. They said you would have to disable sli every time you wanted to have all three screens on at once.