Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

CPU Temp Normal? (PIC)

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 5, 2013 7:17:53 AM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90999165@N05/8710730468/in...

I am not sure but I made sure I did the heatsink correctly and I am seeing the 1st core having higher temp than the rest... Is that normal?

More about : cpu temp normal pic

a b à CPUs
May 5, 2013 7:27:28 AM

Variances between the cores is normal. Note that your package temp is close to your highest core. I think you are ok.

Mark
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
May 5, 2013 7:27:44 AM

Absolutely nothing to worry about.

The cores aren't evenly placed within the CPU - the hotter one is probably the furthest away from the heatsink.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 5, 2013 7:32:13 AM

DarkSable said:
Absolutely nothing to worry about.

The cores aren't evenly placed within the CPU - the hotter one is probably the furthest away from the heatsink.


Okay then I wouldn't have to worry about it if I overclock it eventually?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 5, 2013 7:34:23 AM

As long as you get an aftermarket cooler to replace the stock heatsink, you'll be fine.

Mark
m
0
l
May 5, 2013 7:37:32 AM

markwp said:
As long as you get an aftermarket cooler to replace the stock heatsink, you'll be fine.

Mark


I'm currently using Hyper Evo I just installed yesterday, using Arctic Silver 5 paste.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 5, 2013 7:46:18 AM

You are good to go!
m
0
l
May 5, 2013 10:52:13 AM

markwp said:
You are good to go!


200 hours of cure time is horrendous :/ 
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
May 5, 2013 10:56:59 AM

skele said:
200 hours of cure time is horrendous :/ 


No kidding. When faced with a heatsink that doesn't have thermal paste (or for watercooling), I like arctic MX-4. It cools just as well, is a nicer consistency, and doesn't have to cure.

That being said, the difference between expensive goop like that or AS5, and the stuff that comes with a Hyper 212 EVO, is going to be a couple degrees at the very worst.
m
0
l
May 5, 2013 6:03:49 PM

DarkSable said:
skele said:
200 hours of cure time is horrendous :/ 


No kidding. When faced with a heatsink that doesn't have thermal paste (or for watercooling), I like arctic MX-4. It cools just as well, is a nicer consistency, and doesn't have to cure.

That being said, the difference between expensive goop like that or AS5, and the stuff that comes with a Hyper 212 EVO, is going to be a couple degrees at the very worst.


Yeah I was using the MX-2, I still have like half left. But that was when I had AMD CPU. Then after I did some research on how hot IVY BRIDGE is, I figured it was time to get a different effective paste and saw online recommended AS5 but they didnt tell me how long it takes to cure! :pfff: 

Now I came home and played Battlefield3 because I was worried about my core temp.
this is while playing Battlefield 3 64 players server.
(Just in case the picture aren't showing)>http://www.flickr.com/photos/90999165@N05/8711577389/in...

Look at the Max Temp
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
May 5, 2013 6:08:56 PM

Your max temps are absolutely nothing to worry about - you could easily go up to 75c without any problem.

That being said, two things:
1) Ivy bridge actually runs pretty cool, especially compared to AMD's lineup.
2) The difference between MX-2 and AS5 is basically nothing. Two degrees, at most.
m
0
l
May 5, 2013 6:44:34 PM

DarkSable said:
Your max temps are absolutely nothing to worry about - you could easily go up to 75c without any problem.

That being said, two things:
1) Ivy bridge actually runs pretty cool, especially compared to AMD's lineup.
2) The difference between MX-2 and AS5 is basically nothing. Two degrees, at most.


Thats at stock clock fyi :bounce:  and I guess I wasted my money on AS5 after all... :pt1cable: it's only 7 bucks at Microcenter.


m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
May 5, 2013 6:47:01 PM

No worries, it's just something to know for the future.

Unless you're going for an extremely high overclock on water, you're usually just fine with the thermal paste that comes with the heatsink / whatever you've got lying around. (Just avoid the white thermal glue-type stuff.)
m
0
l
!