Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Very bad perfomance in fsx with high end pc

Tags:
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 6, 2013 4:22:04 PM


Hey guys

When i run fsx i am getting about 17 to 19 fps. I don't understand why am getting such low fps with a high end computer. i also loss frames when i am on addon scenery with the pmdg 737. Please help asap. i have also tried venetubo tweak guide but no luck. Please message asap.

My PC SPECS.

Mobo: m5a97 LE R2.0

Graphics card: Gigabyte gt 660ti oc

CPU: Amd fx 6300 Overclocked to 4.5ghz

Cpu cooler: Zalman cnps 14x

Ram: corsair vengeance 8gb (4x2) running at 1866mhz

Psu: corsair tx750m
May 6, 2013 4:43:17 PM

I'm going to take a wild guess you're talking about flight simulator x? Fsx is hardly clear.

Not is saying you tried some tweak guide. You need to say what you tried. People are freely volunteering their time so if they can't figure out what you're saying they'll just move on. Just helpful tips.

What are your gpu and CPU temps and usage while playing? does this affect any other games or programs? Have you tried it without the CPU overclock? Is your overclock stable in prime95?
May 6, 2013 4:44:02 PM

It happened from the Beging or it's a recent Problem? I hear that Nvidia GTX Gpus aren't that good for rendering and Similar compared to AMD same priced Cards.
Related resources
May 6, 2013 4:46:34 PM

Oh, Sorry. I confused FSX with VFX or something related to Rendering. Sorry. lol
May 6, 2013 4:52:24 PM

Your computer is mid range. Definitely not High End.
FSX is a beast. It will use every resource you throw at it and want more.
Your only options are to lower details or resolution with the computer you have.
Only other option is to buy high end hardware.
Core I7 processors
7970 ,7990,680, 690 or Titan video cards are the hardware required to get good frame rates with high resolution texture packs And high resolution monitors.
May 6, 2013 4:54:10 PM

Chibinho said:
Oh, Sorry. I confused FSX with VFX or something related to Rendering. Sorry. lol


Lol thanks for reinforcing my point ;) 
May 6, 2013 4:57:21 PM

unksol said:
I'm going to take a wild guess you're talking about flight simulator x? Fsx is hardly clear.

Not is saying you tried some tweak guide. You need to say what you tried. People are freely volunteering their time so if they can't figure out what you're saying they'll just move on. Just helpful tips.

What are your gpu and CPU temps and usage while playing? does this affect any other games or programs? Have you tried it without the CPU overclock? Is your overclock stable in prime95?



I have tried venetubo tweak guide. while i play fsx i get a temp of 36 Degrees Celsius . i have tried fsx with out oc but it was the same problem. i have ran prime 95 and my cpu is fully stable. the funny thing is that i only get horrible fps in the pmdg but in all other aircraft i lock a frame rate of 30 fps stable. Is it possible if you can tell me some cfg tweaks personally for my rig. i would be a great help if you did. thank you for your quick reply.
Edit: i also set a locked frame rate of 30 fps for pmdg. i receive low fps in cockpit but , 30 fps out side of airplane
May 6, 2013 5:00:24 PM

Unolocogringo said:
Your computer is mid range. Definitely not High End.
FSX is a beast. It will use every resource you throw at it and want more.
Your only options are to lower details or resolution with the computer you have.
Only other option is to buy high end hardware.
Core I7 processors
7970 ,7990,680, 690 or Titan video cards are the hardware required to get good frame rates with high resolution texture packs And high resolution monitors.


Is it flight simulator X then? Or something else? I always understood Sims to be pretty light weight. Flight Sim x requirements

" Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Processor: 1.0 Ghz
RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista – 512MB
Hard Drive: 14GB
Video Card: 32MB DirectX 9 compatible"

I realize they are the minimum, and he didn't give res/monitors etc. just curious how it ends up being a "beast". Especially since id like to pick it up sometime lol. Or I've just got the wrong product from fsx.

May 6, 2013 5:00:58 PM

Some options to try.
Turn Airplane shadows off.
Use as few clouds as possible to get a good experience.
Set threads to 3. Your processor is actually 3 modules or full cores, and 3 partial cores. If threads are set to 6 it will slow things down as your processor does not have 6 full cores.
May 6, 2013 5:07:45 PM

unksol said:
Unolocogringo said:
Your computer is mid range. Definitely not High End.
FSX is a beast. It will use every resource you throw at it and want more.
Your only options are to lower details or resolution with the computer you have.
Only other option is to buy high end hardware.
Core I7 processors
7970 ,7990,680, 690 or Titan video cards are the hardware required to get good frame rates with high resolution texture packs And high resolution monitors.


Is it flight simulator X then? Or something else? I always understood Sims to be pretty light weight. Flight Sim x requirements

" Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Processor: 1.0 Ghz
RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista – 512MB
Hard Drive: 14GB
Video Card: 32MB DirectX 9 compatible"

I realize they are the minimum, and he didn't give res/monitors etc. just curious how it ends up being a "beast". Especially since id like to pick it up sometime lol. Or I've just got the wrong product from fsx.



Yes i am using flight simulator x deluxe version. i have windows 7 64 bit. 1000gb hard drive.my graphic card is compatlble with DirectX 9. also my moniter res 1920 by 1080. using a 24 inch moniter
May 6, 2013 5:09:18 PM

Unolocogringo said:
Some options to try.
Turn Airplane shadows off.
Use as few clouds as possible to get a good experience.
Set threads to 3. Your processor is actually 3 modules or full cores, and 3 partial cores. If threads are set to 6 it will slow things down as your processor does not have 6 full cores.


i have turned off airplane shadows, limited the clouds but still nothing. how is m cpu not have full 6 cores. what will setting it to 3 cores do??
May 6, 2013 5:21:07 PM

Flight Simulator X or 10 is highly scalable. It will run on minimum requirements but the experience will not be enjoyable.
you would be running 800x600 with all details set to minimum and still get 10-15 fps.
Once you start turning up the resolution and effects it can get very demanding.
It really likes lots of CPU core that are very fast.
Once you add high resolution custom aircraft then you need a lot more GPU into the equation also.
It can be very enjoyable but you need to find the right settings for your hardware to get enjoyable frame rates.
It takes serious hardware to crank everything to max.
Similar to the original Crysis or the new Crysis 3.

May 6, 2013 5:35:21 PM

Unolocogringo said:
Flight Simulator X or 10 is highly scalable. It will run on minimum requirements but the experience will not be enjoyable.
you would be running 800x600 with all details set to minimum and still get 10-15 fps.
Once you start turning up the resolution and effects it can get very demanding.
It really likes lots of CPU core that are very fast.
Once you add high resolution custom aircraft then you need a lot more GPU into the equation also.
It can be very enjoyable but you need to find the right settings for your hardware to get enjoyable frame rates.
It takes serious hardware to crank everything to max.
Similar to the original Crysis or the new Crysis 3.



I understand what your saying but my cpu is clocked to 4.5ghz which is amazing and my graphics card is oc 1032 and has a boost to 1110mhz. do you know any tweaks for my system personalty.
thanks
May 6, 2013 5:45:37 PM

Your processor has 3 modules. Each module has 1 full core and 1 partial core. Some of the components are shared from the first core with the second core. It is marketed as 6 cores but it is similar to Intel Hyper threading technology. which shows twice as many cores than the processor really has.
Running as 6 core means the game executes 6 threads to be calculated. Since your processor modules shares parts of the cores in a module it has to constantly shift these parts from one thread to the next thread. This wastes lot of execution cycles flushing the core and loading the next thread.
This may also help if you do not have it installed already.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2645594
May 6, 2013 6:02:14 PM

Unolocogringo said:
Your processor has 3 modules. Each module has 1 full core and 1 partial core. Some of the components are shared from the first core with the second core. It is marketed as 6 cores but it is similar to Intel Hyper threading technology. which shows twice as many cores than the processor really has.
Running as 6 core means the game executes 6 threads to be calculated. Since your processor modules shares parts of the cores in a module it has to constantly shift these parts from one thread to the next thread. This wastes lot of execution cycles flushing the core and loading the next thread.
This may also help if you do not have it installed already.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2645594


I don see what that download did. i downloaded it. if i set my cpu to 3 cores will it run faster
May 6, 2013 6:04:16 PM

Download HWINFO64 and set up an on screen display, monitor CPU usage per core and see what its like.
May 6, 2013 6:23:36 PM

Have you upgraded your video card drivers lately?
The add on plane you have has a lot of extra texturesand scenery that is not available in the normal game.
Try lowering Trees ,traffic and ambient lighting.
The download is better threaded scheduling for threaded software.
May 6, 2013 6:28:42 PM

Unolocogringo said:
Have you upgraded your video card drivers lately?
The add on plane you have has a lot of extra texturesand scenery that is not available in the normal game.
Try lowering Trees ,traffic and ambient lighting.
The download is better threaded scheduling for threaded software.


i have done that buy still nothing at all. it would be a great help if you could tell me some tweaks for this problem.
May 6, 2013 6:34:48 PM

Did you try lowering scenery such as trees, traffic and Ambient lighting in the options menu.
May 6, 2013 6:42:40 PM

Unolocogringo said:
Have you upgraded your video card drivers lately?
The add on plane you have has a lot of extra texturesand scenery that is not available in the normal game.
Try lowering Trees ,traffic and ambient lighting.
The download is better threaded scheduling for threaded software.


I have just buit my gaming rig. my gpu is good. what download are you talking about??
May 6, 2013 6:44:11 PM

Unolocogringo said:
Did you try lowering scenery such as trees, traffic and Ambient lighting in the options menu.


yes i have but nothing
May 7, 2013 5:43:24 AM

What driver version are you using for your graphic card? Do you have your graphic card mounted in the x16 port (Most likely the one closest to the CPU)?
May 7, 2013 2:29:23 PM

Mahisse said:
What driver version are you using for your graphic card? Do you have your graphic card mounted in the x16 port (Most likely the one closest to the CPU)?


Hello mahisse

yes i am running up to date version 314.22 nvidia driver. my gpu is also in the x16 port.
May 7, 2013 5:08:43 PM

anyone??
!