1. What is your budget?
$1,000, but I've got a bit of wiggle room for good deals.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Under 5 pounds, but willing to go slightly over for good deals. Length under 15 inches.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Ideally, I'd like 1920 x 1080 IPS, but pretty much anything is acceptable. I would prefer IPS over resolution.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Depends on layover lengths and whether I can find a socket? I'd prefer 3-4 hours while in use.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, please. I would be happy with medium to low settings for vanilla Skyrim or a heavily-modded Minecraft. I would be happier with higher settings, of course, but weight and price are my main concerns!
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Coding, video viewing, web browsing, maybe some minor photo editing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500MB. A solid state drive would be nice, but it's not needed.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I'd prefer Amazon, Newegg, or TigerDirect, but I'm not horribly picky.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years. My old HP Pavillion (zv 5000?) lasted 7-8 years, but it's far too heavy to bother fixing (7.7 lbs).
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc?
I don't need one, but a DVD-ROM would be nice. No Blu-ray, please.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I have no preference for the laptop. I just want something that works well and is dependable.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm looking for a Win7 machine - no Win8, please! I'd also prefer something that would work fine for dual booting when/if I finally decide I need a Linux laptop.
tl;dr - I'm looking for a portable laptop for mid- to low-end gaming under 5 pounds and $1k, preferably with Win7 and an IPS screen. If I can get something with those specs for higher-end gaming, that's good too!