Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

7750 vs gtx 650 advice

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 7, 2013 7:36:08 AM

i am on low budget
i can buy a gigabyte 7750 or if i invest more i can buy gtx 650

my psu can only support 7750 i was using gt440 of my friend for few months

but if i buy a gtx 650 then i also have to buy a psu which will be out of my budget because next month i will buy a samsung led 1080p

i will play games on 1080p but not on "ULTRA" settings or some thing
and i also want to confrm that does gtx 650 has a big differnce in perforamnce at 1080p

what will be best for me i will watch movies on 1080p but in gaming i will adjust according to games needs
my main point is if i buy a 650 and a psu instead of 7750 then on 1080p does it effects great or buying a new psu and also invest on 650 will be a waste according to my needs ?
and 1 more thing i have never buyed ati before this will be my first ati card
i have used fx quadro 1400,fx quadro 3500 then gt 440 now going for 7750 also want to know that i have heard that ati cards have driver problem ??

More about : 7750 gtx 650 advice

May 7, 2013 7:44:29 AM

The GTX 650 is not faster than the 7750, in fact it may be a little slower. So I would certainly recommend the 7750 instead.
m
0
l
May 7, 2013 7:49:43 AM

i saw some one where GTX 650 performs same if not slightly better than 7750. they both have same PSU requirements, 400 watts and 24 amps. and GTX 650 consumes about 60+ watts. so you should go with the cheaper option if you like to play @ high to medium settings. btw whats your PSU specs?
m
0
l
Related resources
May 7, 2013 7:51:38 AM

those two cards are insufficient for 1080p gaming even on low settings. the hd7750's performance is on an equal footing vs the gtx650. it just depends on which games you'll be playing. the 7750 does not need a 6pin cable and is worth the price of admission for that alone. buy the 7750 if you want to but a gtx650ti/7770 should really be your baseline for 1080p gaming on low-mid settings.
m
0
l
May 7, 2013 7:54:49 AM

thasan1 said:
i saw some one where GTX 650 performs same if not slightly better than 7750. they both have same PSU requirements, 400 watts and 24 amps. and GTX 650 consumes about 60+ watts. so you should go with the cheaper option if you like to play @ high to medium settings. btw whats your PSU specs?

The GTX 650 requires a 6-pin PCIe power connector, the 7750 doesn't.
m
0
l
May 7, 2013 7:57:49 AM

nokiddingboss said:
those two cards are insufficient for 1080p gaming even on low settings. the hd7750's performance is on an equal footing vs the gtx650. it just depends on which games you'll be playing. the 7750 does not need a 6pin cable and is worth the price of admission for that alone. buy the 7750 if you want to but a gtx650ti/7770 should really be your baseline for 1080p gaming on low-mid settings.

The 7750 and GTX 650 both get around 40 FPS in Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 at 1080p low settings. So it's doable... barely.
m
0
l
May 7, 2013 8:18:29 AM

Sakkura said:
thasan1 said:
i saw some one where GTX 650 performs same if not slightly better than 7750. they both have same PSU requirements, 400 watts and 24 amps. and GTX 650 consumes about 60+ watts. so you should go with the cheaper option if you like to play @ high to medium settings. btw whats your PSU specs?

The GTX 650 requires a 6-pin PCIe power connector, the 7750 doesn't.


are you sure? i thought only 650 Ti requires a power connector.
m
0
l
May 7, 2013 8:19:30 AM

gtx 650 is 5% faster than hd 7750 with latest drivers.looking at your psus i think hd 7750 suits better as it doesnot need 6pin connector
m
0
l
May 7, 2013 8:22:48 AM

thasan1 said:
are you sure? i thought only 650 Ti requires a power connector.

Yes, unfortunately. The GTX 650 only uses a few watts more (by TDP, may in fact use less in practice), but I guess it was enough for Nvidia to give it a 6-pin connector to be on the safe side.
m
0
l
May 7, 2013 10:14:22 AM

7750 is better if your have a branded desktop pc like dell or hp which have low quality psu's
m
0
l
June 9, 2013 5:21:07 PM

Sakkura said:
nokiddingboss said:
those two cards are insufficient for 1080p gaming even on low settings. the hd7750's performance is on an equal footing vs the gtx650. it just depends on which games you'll be playing. the 7750 does not need a 6pin cable and is worth the price of admission for that alone. buy the 7750 if you want to but a gtx650ti/7770 should really be your baseline for 1080p gaming on low-mid settings.

The 7750 and GTX 650 both get around 40 FPS in Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 at 1080p low settings. So it's doable... barely.

i don't recommend that. in fact, never ever dip your toes into the "barely" territory. trust me you'll be disappointed with the results.
m
0
l
!