How many 6pin connectors will i need for 7850

So soon m gonna buy a 78502gb and i heard we need some 6pin connectors to connect it to the powersupply what exactly is it where can i buy it how many is i am gonna need?

And whats the exact name of the wire? enlighten me up please
11 answers Last reply
More about 6pin connectors 7850
  1. Check the specific model that you're looking at to know for sure what connectors you need. Mine needed one 6 pin. Power supplies that aren't too old often come with at least one 6 pin connector. It isn't unusual for the video card to come with a molex->6 pin adapter (but it isn't guaranteed). You would need that adapter if your power supply does not have the necessary 6 pin connector. You should also be sure that your power supply is good enough to handle the video card. What's the model for your power supply?
  2. coolguy12 said:
    So soon m gonna buy a 78502gb and i heard we need some 6pin connectors to connect it to the powersupply what exactly is it where can i buy it how many is i am gonna need?

    And whats the exact name of the wire? enlighten me up please


    The PSU should have this cable with 6-pin connector (besides motherboard connector, SATA connectors and MOLEX). Most of them have at least two cables, so you should be covered, although most 7850 cards need only one cable of this kind. What is the model of your PSU and of the desired video card?
  3. Cooler master thunder 500W is my power supply

    and saphhire 7850 2gb is the GPU
  4. Should be fine.
  5. coolguy12 said:
    Cooler master thunder 500W is my power supply

    and saphhire 7850 2gb is the GPU


    Be careful. If video card is "OC" version, then it requires 2 x 6PIN connectors, but the CM Thunder 500W only has 1 connector. However, Saphire includes two 4pin to 6pin adapters, so you should still be fine.
  6. adycopilu said:
    coolguy12 said:
    Cooler master thunder 500W is my power supply

    and saphhire 7850 2gb is the GPU


    Be careful. If video card is "OC" version, then it requires 2 x 6PIN connectors, but the CM Thunder 500W only has 1 connector. However, Saphire includes two 4pin to 6pin adapters, so you should still be fine.



    Not entirely true I have the oc version @900mhz base clock 1 6 pin only.
  7. it depends on models of hd 7850 you buy
  8. The only one I found listed (newegg)to have 2x6pin pcie is the exact card I have and it only has 1 6 pin trust me.
  9. spentshells said:
    The only one I found listed (newegg)to have 2x6pin pcie is the exact card I have and it only has 1 6 pin trust me.


    Go here and check the system requirements. Note that this is the OC version, not regular one, which only has 1 connector.
  10. adycopilu said:
    spentshells said:
    The only one I found listed (newegg)to have 2x6pin pcie is the exact card I have and it only has 1 6 pin trust me.


    Go here and check the system requirements. Note that this is the OC version, not regular one, which only has 1 connector.


    Odd all the same specs as I have but it requires an extra 75 watts for the extra GB of ram very odd.

    I get to 1175 on the core so im not sure about this. INteresting anyway, thanks for the link
Ask a new question

Read More

Connection Powersupply Graphics