Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What Power Supply will fit...?

Last response: in Components
Share
May 8, 2013 4:58:51 PM

A midsized ATX case PC?

M9500y HP:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en...

PSU that came with the PC:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

and that will power an EVGA GTX 650Ti 2GB?

Thank you!

More about : power supply fit

a c 75 ) Power supply
May 8, 2013 5:06:30 PM

Any standard ATX PSU will fit. I've never heard of HIPRO so I wouldn't trust it. By itself, it can power the GPU though.
a b ) Power supply
May 8, 2013 5:08:48 PM

That psu is a standard atx12 design. Pick a known maker such as antec, corsair or seasonic, get one in the range of 450w and you should be good to go.

Mark
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
May 8, 2013 5:09:55 PM

It says 400watt or greater minimum. The good news is that any ATX PSU will fit. (a little tight) cable wise.
May 8, 2013 6:16:01 PM

ECaarnage said:
You would be far better off getting a PSU that is a more reliable brand like Corsair or Antec.
I would suggest this one. 500W, ATX12, 80+ Bronze and it is modular for better cable management.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Thanks for answering all of you!

As for this model I had picked it but it's width is 6.3"... and I measured the inside with a ruler and it only gives me about 6".

Is the Corsair CX430 good?
May 8, 2013 8:04:00 PM

Chidori457 said:
ECaarnage said:
You would be far better off getting a PSU that is a more reliable brand like Corsair or Antec.
I would suggest this one. 500W, ATX12, 80+ Bronze and it is modular for better cable management.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Thanks for answering all of you!

As for this model I had picked it but it's width is 6.3"... and I measured the inside with a ruler and it only gives me about 6".

Is the Corsair CX430 good?

So is this PSU to power your whole computer?
a b ) Power supply
May 9, 2013 6:28:51 AM

CX430 not the best corsair - XFX is made by Seasonic.
-Bruce
May 9, 2013 8:15:52 AM

ECaarnage said:
Chidori457 said:
ECaarnage said:
You would be far better off getting a PSU that is a more reliable brand like Corsair or Antec.
I would suggest this one. 500W, ATX12, 80+ Bronze and it is modular for better cable management.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Thanks for answering all of you!

As for this model I had picked it but it's width is 6.3"... and I measured the inside with a ruler and it only gives me about 6".

Is the Corsair CX430 good?

So is this PSU to power your whole computer?


dish_moose said:
CX430 not the best corsair - XFX is made by Seasonic.
-Bruce


Yes it is to power my whole PC.

Yeah but a family member is going to send it to me and is going to buy the parts in TigerDirect, and it's not there.

I live in Colombia
a b ) Power supply
May 9, 2013 1:06:27 PM

The 430 is a good supply and should be fine for what you are doing. The 650ti pulls about 100w and the 430 will give you about 330w on 12v rails, as well as adequate power on the 3.3 and 5.

Mark
May 9, 2013 3:02:25 PM

markwp said:
The 430 is a good supply and should be fine for what you are doing. The 650ti pulls about 100w and the 430 will give you about 330w on 12v rails, as well as adequate power on the 3.3 and 5.

Mark


Okay sounds good. But maybe just to be sure I think a CX500 would be good then.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

But what does 1 x 4+4 Pin EPS 12V connector mean? My mobo is 4 years old so IDK if it is EPS 12v compatible

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
May 9, 2013 4:31:32 PM
Share

Newer motherboards have an "auxiliary" motherboard power input to help with overclocking, etc. The input will be either four pins or eight pins. In order for psu manufactures to make sure their customers have what they need, they provide a four + four configuration. That way, if the m/b requires a four pin, it's there - and if it requires an eight pin, you use both four pin connectors.

Absolutely on the cx500. If your budget can do it, it would be a better solution. It will give some headroom and keep the psu from running close to capacity (less heat - a good thing).

Mark
May 9, 2013 7:42:14 PM

markwp said:
Newer motherboards have an "auxiliary" motherboard power input to help with overclocking, etc. The input will be either four pins or eight pins. In order for psu manufactures to make sure their customers have what they need, they provide a four + four configuration. That way, if the m/b requires a four pin, it's there - and if it requires an eight pin, you use both four pin connectors.

Absolutely on the cx500. If your budget can do it, it would be a better solution. It will give some headroom and keep the psu from running close to capacity (less heat - a good thing).

Mark


Thanks for the help bro!

And to everyone else that helped too, thank you!

-Seb
!