Sign in with
Your question

Best $100 gaming headset

Last response: in Home Audio
May 10, 2013 7:14:15 AM

I just built a new computer, and I need to now what is the best headset for gaming. It has to have a mic, be designed to use it (like some have it where the headset plays your voice in the speakers so you don't talk to loud), and preferably have a wireless option. It needs to be compatible with pc and xbox (though universal compatibility is a plus). I would also like it not to look stupid. I have never shopped for headphones before (I just use the cheapo $20 pair) so I really have no idea what to look for besides what I mentioned. $100 is my price range.

Right now, I am looking at the Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Green ($90)

More about : 100 gaming headset

May 10, 2013 7:35:26 AM

IT's a little over your budget, but I cant recommend the G930 more. They sounds amazing and are really robust, plus the warranty is fantastic.

Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-...

Note: Iv'e had them for going on 4 years now, and got both of my brothers to get them. We all Love them!
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 10, 2013 2:12:37 PM

Audio Technica AD700 + Zalman Clip on mic.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 12, 2013 12:27:12 AM

the audio-technica ath-m50 + clipon mic would be a good option for that price, but it's wired and doesn't support surround (if that even matters)

i don't know of a decent cross-platform model for under $100 that are also wireless.

Tactic 3D omega - if you're willing to go $30 higher, this is one of the only other good wireless models out there that'll work on all platforms and don't cost $300 like the astro a40/a50s

good luck man!
m
l
May 12, 2013 5:12:32 AM

Oh, I missed the wireless part. The Turtle Beaches are wired.
m
l
!